PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2010, 08:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

Leonard is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Searching GPS software

Hi!
Can somebody help me finding a GPS software to use my TP2 without internet connection. I've seen many posts about Igo8 and Garmin Xt but either they are deleted from the original server or i connot find the maps.
Please if you can help me also with installation instructions because I got this TP2 last week. My YMessenger Contact is kreator_dorna .
Have a nice day!
Thank you!
Old 12-13-2010, 03:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Telesales Launch Day H/W Rev.)
Carrier: Sprint PCS

SweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Searching GPS software

Hi.

The reason you can't find them (or they're missing maps) is because they are PIRATED. (i.e, illegal/warez) Also, a friendly reminder: Discussing warez is prohibited on this site, and probably most other "reputable" ones. There *are* sites out there that encourage this type of talk, so if you're interested in that, Google (and a long evening of searching..) will lead you to what you're looking for. I looked into it long ago, but would rather pay programmers for their hard work, since if their apps are pirated, they'll simply stop updating or writing them, which is definitely not what I want to see happen. That and I like having a clean conscience.

I'm not totally sure where you could find legal GPS software that runs entirely on your TP2 with no data connection now, especially since Windows Mobile is basically on life support, and has been all but abandoned by MS in favor of Windows Phone now..

Maybe someone else can give you some recommendations?

Good luck!

Last edited by SweetBearCub; 12-13-2010 at 03:28 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:03 PM
Lurker

protaganis is just getting started

Pharos GPS is an onboard program that works very well. I've been using it for quite some time.
Another good set of options are CoPilot live (you must use your data plan to download maps, but then they are on your storage card).
and iGo8, which is fully loaded onto your storage card.

Must say though, Pharos & CoPilot are my favorites. They both use a very read friendly map and are easily accessed.

CoPilot is currently on SALE for under $10 (Give the Gift of Navigation this Christmas: ALK Technologies)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhodium)
Carrier: Verizon

Tybalt39 is keeping up the good workTybalt39 is keeping up the good work

iGo8 is available for sale and there is even a customization file for the TP2 on their website.

I purchased CoPilot. I have since deleted all files and no longer use it. It simply wasn't accurate and there were no updates in the year in which I had it loaded on my device. Judging by the heavily discounted price, I would guess there have still been no updates.
PDA w/TTS (NAVTEQ 2009 Q4 maps) WVGA
HTC Mobile WiFi Router (under Comm Manager)
Old 12-14-2010, 02:23 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i use bing
Old 12-14-2010, 02:53 PM
Lurker

protaganis is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tybalt39 View Post
iGo8 is available for sale and there is even a customization file for the TP2 on their website.

I purchased CoPilot. I have since deleted all files and no longer use it. It simply wasn't accurate and there were no updates in the year in which I had it loaded on my device. Judging by the heavily discounted price, I would guess there have still been no updates.
They have updated maps and the navigation engine has been smoothed out. I have Pharos, iGo8 and CoPilot. CoPilot is my current favorite, just because of the improvements they've made (the sale price didn't hurt either) The price has returned to it's normal $25 for USA and $30 for USA & Canada. Even at this price it's well worth the investment.

I like iGo8 too, but when I buy a product, I shouldn't have to tweak things to make it work with my gear.

One other bonus to the CoPilot software, if you switch to Android at a later date, you can just deactivate your WinMo version and install and activate on your new phone. (Just a bonus if you plan on using Android instead of WinPhone7)

Last edited by protaganis; 12-14-2010 at 03:18 PM.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

daytona283 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaytona283 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaytona283 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaytona283 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by protaganis View Post
They have updated maps and the navigation engine has been smoothed out. I have Pharos, iGo8 and CoPilot. CoPilot is my current favorite, just because of the improvements they've made (the sale price didn't hurt either) The price has returned to it's normal $25 for USA and $30 for USA & Canada. Even at this price it's well worth the investment.

I like iGo8 too, but when I buy a product, I shouldn't have to tweak things to make it work with my gear.

One other bonus to the CoPilot software, if you switch to Android at a later date, you can just deactivate your WinMo version and install and activate on your new phone. (Just a bonus if you plan on using Android instead of WinPhone7)
I also use CoPilot and am very satisfied with the product. Accuracy has not been a problem. There have in fact been a few updates over the past year.

I think that you may be incorrect about activating on an Android phone. According to their website the license is transferable only to the same platform. Winmo to winmo or android to android
Old 12-16-2010, 01:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhodium)

Tybalt39 is keeping up the good workTybalt39 is keeping up the good work

@ protaganis & daytona283

Looks like I may have to give CoPilot8 another chance. Now where did I put that registration info....?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2