PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2010, 10:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2
Carrier: Verizon

DLCPhoto is keeping up the good workDLCPhoto is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Another TP2 Charging Issue - Stock 6.1 ROM

For the last few months, I've had some issues with my Verizon Stock 6.1 ROM TP2:

At night, I turn the phone completely off, plug it in, and the orange light comes and stays on. In the morning, perhaps 1/3 to 1/2 of the time, the orange light is still on, and hasn't turned green. Other times, it's green, indicating a full charge.

The connection does seem a bit 'touchy' as sometimes I'll put it in and the light doesn't come on, in which case I'll unplug and replug it, and the orange light will then come and stay on. But as per the paragraph above, it's unclear if it's actually charging, despite the orange light being on.

So - is this a hardware/connection issue, or some type of software/ROM issue? Is there a known fix for either of these problems?

Frankly, I don't have the time or interest to go through extensive trouble-shooting, try a different ROM, etc. It's a frustration that is tolerable although annoying, but if there's an easy fix, that would be great.

Thanks.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel 6800 > Touch Pro > Imagio>Droid Razr
Carrier: Alltel>Verizon

mastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: Another TP2 Charging Issue - Stock 6.1 ROM

Have you tried another charger? Have you tried charging from a USB port on a computer?
It may be a hardware issue with the charging port.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

DLCPhoto is keeping up the good workDLCPhoto is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

It doesn't seem to happen with my car charger, although it's hard to be sure, especially since the problem at home is intermittent. I can try a different connector/charger and see what happens.

I know I've seen several threads here on this subject, so posted as much to find out if there was a 'consensus' or known hardware defect with the TP2 that might be responsible for these posts.

This morning, when I did turn the phone on, it did show as 100% charged, so maybe there's a problem with the orange light turning green when this occurs? There are so many things it could be that it could end up pretty time-consuming to be absolutely certain.

Thanks.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:34 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Sounds to me like your battery is going bad or your usb connector on your device is going out.
Try taking one of those cans of compressed air and blow out the usb connector real good. Take a magnifying glass of some sort and inspect it for bent or missing pins.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:45 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

well its not a rom issue so don't worry about that its either 1 of 3 and ill list them from least worst to the most worst case scenario.

1)charger/outlet may be bad, try buying new usb cables and wall chargers.

2)battery may be going bad, try replacing it.

3)usb port may be going bad(worst case scenario which would require a replacement)

in either scenario u can probly see if VZW will replace the battery or cables, if not ull have to buy them.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2