PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2010, 02:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond CDMA
Carrier: IUSACELL

miz@r is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Possible buy a new TP2

I am looking fordward to get a new TP2 to replace my old Diamond that was stolen from me.

I know it can be used both CDMA and GSM, I am in CDMA is it to hard to unlock it to upgrade it?

Can It be used both same time?

How good is the GPS signal?

And the battery life? coz in the Diamond was a pain so short.

Thanks
Old 12-07-2010, 02:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Captivate (GSM)
Carrier: AT&T

Miami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Possible buy a new TP2

The TP2 is a discontinued model. New ones are getting hard to find. They are not dual phones, you get either a CDMA or a GSM version. You can't switch from one to the other.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

Sprint and USCellular still offer the TP2 new. If you have to have a brand new one, those would be the only places to get it outside of eBay. You can probably find a good condition one that is used as well. The GSM TP2s are GSM only, the CDMA TP2 is CDMA/GSM, but you can't use both at the same time, and GSM isn't compatible with US Carriers 3G networks.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:57 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
Sprint and USCellular still offer the TP2 new. If you have to have a brand new one, those would be the only places to get it outside of eBay. You can probably find a good condition one that is used as well. The GSM TP2s are GSM only, the CDMA TP2 is CDMA/GSM, but you can't use both at the same time, and GSM isn't compatible with US Carriers 3G networks.
hes based out in mexico so this wont be a problem for him
Old 12-08-2010, 11:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond CDMA
Carrier: IUSACELL
Threadstarter

miz@r is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post

PM sent
Old 12-08-2010, 12:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by miz@r View Post
I am looking fordward to get a new TP2 to replace my old Diamond that was stolen from me.

I know it can be used both CDMA and GSM, I am in CDMA is it to hard to unlock it to upgrade it?

Can It be used both same time?

How good is the GPS signal?

And the battery life? coz in the Diamond was a pain so short.

Thanks
Since I also used to have a Diamond, I can comment on the rest of your post. GPS is the same or better. I didn't/haven't had any problems with either phone. In my experience, the battery is better for the TP2. The TP2 battery is bigger and lasts longer than the one on my Diamond (though it's not like you still don't have to charge everyday if you use it a lot or get poor signal). You can unlock the TP2 for free so that you can put custom ROMs on it. If you want to SIM unlock it, that costs money.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by miz@r View Post
PM sent
If you PM'd me, I never got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
If you want to SIM unlock it, that costs money.
VZW will unlock the device for customers for free as long as they haven't unlocked another device within the past 6 months (unless you're getting a replacement) and are a customer in good standing. The Sprint TP2 comes SIM unlocked for non-US carriers as far as I'm aware. I can't comment on the USC TP2 as there aren't many people here with them it seems. If you want to be able to use US carriers on your Sprint TP2 though, that will cost money, and so will unlocking the device if you don't go through your carrier.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2