PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2010, 09:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

devicemanager is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Screen keeps turning on by itself...

Recently I moved to a location where the cellular signal is very weak but the phone works if I am standing near a window. Reception is in and out of EVDO and 1x often and very few bars at best. However if I drive to the corner I get full bars EVDO. I have a feeling the change in signal is causing the screen to turn on and really draining my battery. I barely get 4 hours on a full charge. Is there anything I can do to stop the screen from turning on and wasting my battery? I did the PRL update too with no luck. Anyone have any suggestions? Thank you!
Old 12-06-2010, 10:22 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Screen keeps turning on by itself...

nope.... thats just gonna happen..
Old 12-06-2010, 02:20 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by devicemanager
Recently I moved to a location where the cellular signal is very weak but the phone works if I am standing near a window. Reception is in and out of EVDO and 1x often and very few bars at best. However if I drive to the corner I get full bars EVDO. I have a feeling the change in signal is causing the screen to turn on and really draining my battery. I barely get 4 hours on a full charge. Is there anything I can do to stop the screen from turning on and wasting my battery? I did the PRL update too with no luck. Anyone have any suggestions? Thank you!
See if you can get your carrier to give you one of those signal repeater boosters that you can put in your house.

OP check this out:
AIRAVE

Last edited by horndoctor; 12-06-2010 at 02:59 PM.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:47 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

sounds like someone needs an airwave
Old 12-06-2010, 02:49 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Or... just keep it on the charger. That's what I have to do here at work... Signal is BAD! Airwave is not an option.
p.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:43 PM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

yea that too, whenever i sleep its on the charger, whenever im in class thats in a low signal area its on the charger (this luckypacks iup 1800 external battery i have). plus my battery itself seems to be going bad, it overheats and i barely even get 3hrs of use out of it. cant try sprint because they might think its the phone in which i dont think so.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:31 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

I have had an airave and now an Airvana (similar to the airave but also supports 3G) and neither ever stopped the problem of my phone randomly waking up.

One very interesting observation is whenever anyone "associates" with my Airvana it wakes my phone back up. For instance, when my wife comes home from work or my son comes home from school, the screen on my phone will light up as their cars approach my house. It used to happen a lot more often until I created an exclusion list which now only allows phones on my account to connect to my airvana.
I can also tell right when its going to happen because the mobile light on the airvana begins to blink and then my phone lights up.

The biggest problem is at night. I turn my ringer off and if I forget to put my phone face down, it will light up like a beacon of it changes signal.

I've been battling with it for years with many of my smart phones and never found a solution other than to keep it plugged in at night, turn it off or put it face down. I set my screen off time while on charger to 30 secs so it doesn't stay on too long.

As far as battery life goes, I am on a recent energy rom 23xxx build and get close to 48 hours of battery (using MAXX battery cab) along with my 1800maH EVO batttery which fits our phones too.

David
Old 04-21-2011, 01:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro - Sprint

b727pilot is just getting started

Sorry but has anyone ever found a workaround for this besides the Airwave or and extended battery? I have been searching to see if there was a cab that would keep the screen off even if it was searching for a new tower.

Thanks!
Old 04-21-2011, 03:36 PM
Banned User

nope no way to stop it unless u enable airplane mode in the comm manager or connect to WiFi
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep

My Airvana seems to have increased the screen turning on thing by 10x, though it may be a function of other phones connecting/disconnecting from the unit like the poster above.

I've played with this issue in the past and the only fix IMO is to consider it a Windows Mobile feature. The Epic sitting next to my TP2 doesn't do it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2