PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

View Poll Results: Good time to leave TP2?
Yes 15 55.56%
No 12 44.44%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2010, 11:59 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Good time to leave TP2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsnyc View Post
how did you get hulu working? i installed flash and changed it to desktop mode in Dolphin but the videos do not play?
I used the modified flash version here [MOD] Hulu on the Epic 4g (2.2.1 FROYO) [UPDATE 11/22/10] - xda-developers

I also removed the Stock Browser using Titanium Backup, then used recovery to add the Modified Stock Browser in the same thread on Post #57.
Old 12-31-2010, 07:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Titan , PPC 6800, Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

L4z3r is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

We are also wondering which phone to go to ....

I think my decision will be made as to how the windows 7 phone is locked down and if I can use it the way I want to ...

Otherwise we will be looking at either the Android or the New Iphone

If we switch look for our contributions (below) to be either ported or discontinued
Video Impact - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=513988
also here-http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=68107
Security Tools- http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=550473
Old 01-01-2011, 01:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

I'm torn. On the TP2, I can do FTP and SSH (which I use for work). Can't do that on WP7 so far. Android can do both, I assume, but can't do sharepoint NTLM, which WP7 can do. I'm jealous of the speed, particularly with browsers, that I'm seeing on the newer smartphones but I think I have to wait it out for awhile.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:37 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by haus View Post
I'm torn. On the TP2, I can do FTP and SSH (which I use for work). Can't do that on WP7 so far. Android can do both, I assume, but can't do sharepoint NTLM, which WP7 can do. I'm jealous of the speed, particularly with browsers, that I'm seeing on the newer smartphones but I think I have to wait it out for awhile.
You can access NTLM on Android..using Firefox 4 Beta..

There is also this browser:

SPElements Quick Browser for SharePoint (Android Application)

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-04-2011, 02:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

If you highly depend on Voice Command on TP2 you can just forget about Android right now.

It don't work, as incredible as that may seem.

If you copy all your exchange contacts to GMail and maintain duplicate lists I'm told it will work. But I have sensitive info in my contacts that I don't want on a google server.

Totally unbelievable.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:23 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
If you highly depend on Voice Command on TP2 you can just forget about Android right now.

If you copy all your exchange contacts to GMail and maintain duplicate lists I'm told it will work. But I have sensitive info in my contacts that I don't want on a google server.

Totally unbelievable.
Voice command works fine on 2.2 and there are software that make it better..
Old 01-04-2011, 07:20 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

this thread is unbelievable. nothing wrong with keeping the tp2 till the WP7 phones are out. buying a new phone every 6 mos in an attempt to have the latest greatest and top of the line is as commercial and bandwagon jumping as one can get
Old 01-04-2011, 07:59 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen
Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post

Totally unbelievable.
Voice command works fine on 2.2 and there are software that make it better..
But you still have the security issue.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:37 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
this thread is unbelievable. nothing wrong with keeping the tp2 till the WP7 phones are out. buying a new phone every 6 mos in an attempt to have the latest greatest and top of the line is as commercial and bandwagon jumping as one can get
and holding a tp2 until death is soo very fight club of you.
yea. i used fight club as a verb. want to fight about it?

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:39 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

But you still have the security issue.
What security issues?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
useless thread