PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

View Poll Results: Good time to leave TP2?
Yes 15 55.56%
No 12 44.44%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2011, 12:10 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Good time to leave TP2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonnieglen View Post
The second TP2 I purchased on Ebay arrived today; I was a little bit dissapointed. I paid significantly more for this phone because the seller said that it had only been used a month and was in immaculate condition. It must have been a hard month. Personally, I plan on keeping my phones a long time, so I use things like screen protectors and snap-on plastic cases to protect my phones. Not everyone else does this. The other phone is in significantly better shape. This one came with the SIM card for international use, it also activated with no problems, so I will count my blessings.

This phone had the stock Sprint 6.5 rom and I am guessing that the previous owner had some difficulties. All of the settings had been messed with; I had to do a hard reset to get it working right. There have been no problems since. I am planning on trying some of the other ROMs to avoid the difficulties with the stock Sprint 6.5 rom that have been described by others. So Eric thank you very much for the suggestions.

This phone is for my wife and she is very happy with it despite being used to carrying the much smaller A-900 Blade. She started working with the browsers, the calendar, and games. She had nothing but smiles.

I have played a bit with the 4g phones at the Sprint store and also with my friends phones at work. There is no way that I could justify giving up my old plan and doubling the cost of my service for occasional 4g speeds, more memory and processor power. Smarter people than me have spent a lot of time figuring out ways to get the most out of their TP2s and have shared their knowledge on the forums. This makes the phone more valuable; it is one of the reasons that I was able to stick with a PPC-6700 for 5 years.
u can stay with that stock ROM just to see how problematic it is. i don't get how Sprint could've released it knowing there was so many issues with it and if u try to mention that to them they will sound dumbfounded and try to replace the phone. if they released this ROM to keep people away from this phone it certainly is working. don't know y there's so much animosity towards MS products out there.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:17 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
u can stay with that stock ROM just to see how problematic it is. i don't get how Sprint could've released it knowing there was so many issues with it and if u try to mention that to them they will sound dumbfounded and try to replace the phone. if they released this ROM to keep people away from this phone it certainly is working. don't know y there's so much animosity towards MS products out there.
The answer is simple..

1) It wasn't their concern at the time..they only made the phone to appease business owners and they were all high on the Pre...I remember calling to order my TP2 and I went through like 10 rotations of Pre advertisement instead of music..I almost wanted to shoot myself :/

2) HTC was to cheap to license 3d and direct draw drivers...which is a HUGE part to the slowness..I mean even if we had the drivers you'd see new life in the TP2 just from that..the HD2 for example when first release ran sluggish as it could get even with the 1ghz cpu...after they gave the drivers that thing began to run super smooth..while the TP2 is no HD2 the drivers make a HUGE difference...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:04 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonnieglen
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
yea the stock 6.1 rom is an excellent rom and it gets better when u install the tweaks cab in the cleanup section. and if u still want 6.1 but a newer version of sense u can go with the sprint basics rom, in additon to updating sense and adding more RAM u also get a newer WM build 21057 vs stock 21052. and when u finally decide to take the plunge to 6.5 avoid the stock sprint rom, its extremely buggy and is the reason for all the bad reviews on the sprint site (which chardog doesnt seem to understand) the 6.5 roms i reccommend are the LEAD ROM,vin's neodium, the kenio ROM, all of these run at stability similar to the stock 6.1 tho i havent tried the kenio ROM yet but ive heard that its pretty good.
The second TP2 I purchased on Ebay arrived today; I was a little bit dissapointed. I paid significantly more for this phone because the seller said that it had only been used a month and was in immaculate condition. It must have been a hard month. Personally, I plan on keeping my phones a long time, so I use things like screen protectors and snap-on plastic cases to protect my phones. Not everyone else does this. The other phone is in significantly better shape. This one came with the SIM card for international use, it also activated with no problems, so I will count my blessings.

This phone had the stock Sprint 6.5 rom and I am guessing that the previous owner had some difficulties. All of the settings had been messed with; I had to do a hard reset to get it working right. There have been no problems since. I am planning on trying some of the other ROMs to avoid the difficulties with the stock Sprint 6.5 rom that have been described by others. So Eric thank you very much for the suggestions.

This phone is for my wife and she is very happy with it despite being used to carrying the much smaller A-900 Blade. She started working with the browsers, the calendar, and games. She had nothing but smiles.

I have played a bit with the 4g phones at the Sprint store and also with my friends phones at work. There is no way that I could justify giving up my old plan and doubling the cost of my service for occasional 4g speeds, more memory and processor power. Smarter people than me have spent a lot of time figuring out ways to get the most out of their TP2s and have shared their knowledge on the forums. This makes the phone more valuable; it is one of the reasons that I was able to stick with a PPC-6700 for 5 years.
Your last two posts are so refreshing for me to read. It's nice to hear someone not bashing this great device!
Good Luck to you and your wife and remember there are plenty of people here that can help if you have a question or you are in a bind.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:42 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Your last two posts are so refreshing for me to read. It's nice to hear someone not bashing this great device!
Good Luck to you and your wife and remember there are plenty of people here that can help if you have a question or you are in a bind.
yea i hate to see people bashing this device or anything MS for that matter but then i can bash them back so its all good.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:43 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

tp2 for life! I just can't give this little dude up! it'll always be my mp3 player!
Old 01-29-2011, 09:59 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

I am hearing you there! It is at the top of my PPC food chain. =]=] Tp2 still fills the needs of this user!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

mike9191 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

For a very late reply, Yes, I have been able to do just about anything I wanted to do with Sprint. Having worked for them for 4 years in customer service and retention, I knew what they could do. I now have a plan that works ONLY on my HTC Touch Pro II. We get 1600 shared anytime minutes, and unlimited everything else. That is shared between 2 phones that I got for free from Sprint. After taxes we pay total $43.56 each month. I would love to move up to an iphone or good android phone but I am grandfathered in and cant without paying 3 times the price.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:25 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike9191 View Post
For a very late reply, Yes, I have been able to do just about anything I wanted to do with Sprint. Having worked for them for 4 years in customer service and retention, I knew what they could do. I now have a plan that works ONLY on my HTC Touch Pro II. We get 1600 shared anytime minutes, and unlimited everything else. That is shared between 2 phones that I got for free from Sprint. After taxes we pay total $43.56 each month. I would love to move up to an iphone or good android phone but I am grandfathered in and cant without paying 3 times the price.
You're replying to topic that hasn't seen life in two years, about a phone which nobody uses anymore, that runs an OS that was discontinued and replaced years ago...why?
Old 06-25-2013, 10:27 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmajewsk View Post
You're replying to topic that hasn't seen life in two years, about a phone which nobody uses anymore, that runs an OS that was discontinued and replaced years ago...why?
what topics aren't old? I still use my winmo phones. wm6.5 is still an actively available phone on sprint. and apparently the laws microsoft helped the government write in the 90's don't apply to mobile o/s and therefore they don't have to support it for 5/10 years like the PC.
oh yeah and the 'replacement' o/s has already been 'replaced' wonder when it will happen again? I bet soon. we spent many years getting windows mobile to a very usable pocket pc. tired of making things work like I want them to and the other options have been more of the same, so I stick with what works.

also I decided that until sprint actually got 4g in my state I wouldn't pay an extra $10 for no added service. I am perfectly happy sticking with an "old" device. (my laptop is older than my tp2.)
besides my tablet still works off my tp2's wifi.

/end rant. lol
Old 07-23-2013, 03:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Duh, think about it...

Talon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmajewsk View Post
Says you. I still use a TP2 on the Stock 6.1 ROM. I actually played with an 8XT the other day in hopes i might want to upgrade finally... but after 5 mins with the device and 3 months with an Arrive using wifi, im not convinced to switch from the TP2 as it does EVERYTHING i need. Plus some software like WMWifi is free now due to the abandonment of WinMo so i didnt have to pay $30

Its people like you that make forums like this die a horrid death with your crappy attitude about anything not 5 minutes old. Bet your parents loved you when it came to the newest toy...

Oh, and SOMETIMES (gasp) i still use my Touch Pro!!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
useless thread