PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Good time to leave TP2?
Yes 15 55.56%
No 12 44.44%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2011, 02:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Blackberry Bold
Carrier: Fido

hedgehog88 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Good time to leave TP2?

Yes its time.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:11 AM
PPC Geek's writer
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy 4G
Carrier: tmobile

pixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to pixelpower

Before you leave touchpro2 download supermario adventure,canabalt windows mobile, supermariokart mini,obama vs. bush,and tigerwoods girls. All of those games are free and provide you with some enjoyment.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:12 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogelio rios View Post
Touchpro 2 has alot of life ,yes it has problems but the customizations is incredible. Plus so many free games and apps of quality. Touchpro2 has alot of life ,dont sweat that its not perfect. No phone is super smooth and if it is its totally locked down.
My Epic is super smooth and is not totally locked down >.>..but if it were not for the Epic I'd still have a TP2...well I technically still do have it and use it on my other line :P

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 01-27-2011, 03:26 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogelio rios View Post
Touchpro 2 has alot of life ,yes it has problems but the customizations is incredible. Plus so many free games and apps of quality. Touchpro2 has alot of life ,dont sweat that its not perfect. No phone is super smooth and if it is its totally locked down.
My Epic is super smooth and is not totally locked down >.>..but if it were not for the Epic I'd still have a TP2...well I technically still do have it and use it on my other line :P
I think gTen loves his old TP2 and he doesn't want to admit it! lol!

It's OK!
We won't tell!
Old 01-27-2011, 07:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2

sonicTJ is a n00b

When the HTC 7 pro comes to the US then ill leave the HTC touch pro 2
Old 01-27-2011, 08:51 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

same here maybe,still haven't decided yet
Old 01-28-2011, 12:23 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

I think gTen loves his old TP2 and he doesn't want to admit it! lol!

It's OK!
We won't tell!
Its no secret..I keep all my old phones close to my heart, I got my PPC6700 and my Mogul...the PPC6700 is collecting dust atm after I let a friend burrow it and they didn't like it much and the Mogul I gave to one of my parents to use(They don't like it very much but tolerate it cause they love sudoku lol)..all the phones I had keep a place in my heart..that said my heart at the moment truly belongs to my Epic
Old 01-28-2011, 02:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6700

vonnieglen is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I received my first Ebay Touch Pro 2 yesterday. The seller did an incredible job of detailing the phone... there was not a fingerprint let alone a scratch on. I assume it was a hardly used return. I know I am preaching to the choir here, but I could not be happier.

It came with the stock WM6.1 rom. It activated with no problems using the automated system. I spent the rest of the day going through the manual and verifying that all of the features were working properly. The only glitch if you want to call it that was that someone removed the Sprint Global Sim card. I was thinking it might be useful for future mods so I ordered one for $9. I only paid $109 and $8 shipping for the phone from a reputable dealer who I have purchased several other phones from over the years.

I am especially impressed with the quallity of the speaker phone. The reception of the phone is also better than what we are used to. We live in an outlying area and normally it is difficult to make a call from certain parts of the house, but the Touch Pro 2 works everywhere. The call quallity is very good, and the phone feels very solid.

I ran a lot of the applications that came with the stock ROM yesterday. For someone who has been browsing with an Apache (PPC-6700) going from a 240x320 screen to 480x800 screen is amazing. Browsing is a whole new experience and watching video literally is like going from a standard TV to HD. The only browsing issue I ran into was of course when I went to websites using Flash content causing the Flash light version in the browsers to run out of memory. I have been running WM6.5 on the Apache so I was curious if the TP2 with it's greater resources would handle this issue better.

As Chardog pointed out... the feedback for this phone on the Sprint Website is currently just atrocious. A few weeks ago that wasn't the case. I am at a loss to explain it. I am extremely impressed with the phone. To me it feels like a very high quallity item. It almost makes me wonder if Sprint isn't gaming the system to steer people away from the phone.

After I master the features of the phone in it's stock configuration... I am looking forward to updating it to get even more out of it. At this point I couldn't be happier!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:23 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonnieglen View Post
I received my first Ebay Touch Pro 2 yesterday. The seller did an incredible job of detailing the phone... there was not a fingerprint let alone a scratch on. I assume it was a hardly used return. I know I am preaching to the choir here, but I could not be happier.

It came with the stock WM6.1 rom. It activated with no problems using the automated system. I spent the rest of the day going through the manual and verifying that all of the features were working properly. The only glitch if you want to call it that was that someone removed the Sprint Global Sim card. I was thinking it might be useful for future mods so I ordered one for $9. I only paid $109 and $8 shipping for the phone from a reputable dealer who I have purchased several other phones from over the years.

I am especially impressed with the quallity of the speaker phone. The reception of the phone is also better than what we are used to. We live in an outlying area and normally it is difficult to make a call from certain parts of the house, but the Touch Pro 2 works everywhere. The call quallity is very good, and the phone feels very solid.

I ran a lot of the applications that came with the stock ROM yesterday. For someone who has been browsing with an Apache (PPC-6700) going from a 240x320 screen to 480x800 screen is amazing. Browsing is a whole new experience and watching video literally is like going from a standard TV to HD. The only browsing issue I ran into was of course when I went to websites using Flash content causing the Flash light version in the browsers to run out of memory. I have been running WM6.5 on the Apache so I was curious if the TP2 with it's greater resources would handle this issue better.

As Chardog pointed out... the feedback for this phone on the Sprint Website is currently just atrocious. A few weeks ago that wasn't the case. I am at a loss to explain it. I am extremely impressed with the phone. To me it feels like a very high quallity item. It almost makes me wonder if Sprint isn't gaming the system to steer people away from the phone.

After I master the features of the phone in it's stock configuration... I am looking forward to updating it to get even more out of it. At this point I couldn't be happier!
yea the stock 6.1 rom is an excellent rom and it gets better when u install the tweaks cab in the cleanup section. and if u still want 6.1 but a newer version of sense u can go with the sprint basics rom, in additon to updating sense and adding more RAM u also get a newer WM build 21057 vs stock 21052. and when u finally decide to take the plunge to 6.5 avoid the stock sprint rom, its extremely buggy and is the reason for all the bad reviews on the sprint site (which chardog doesnt seem to understand) the 6.5 roms i reccommend are the LEAD ROM,vin's neodium, the kenio ROM, all of these run at stability similar to the stock 6.1 tho i havent tried the kenio ROM yet but ive heard that its pretty good.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6700

vonnieglen is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
yea the stock 6.1 rom is an excellent rom and it gets better when u install the tweaks cab in the cleanup section. and if u still want 6.1 but a newer version of sense u can go with the sprint basics rom, in additon to updating sense and adding more RAM u also get a newer WM build 21057 vs stock 21052. and when u finally decide to take the plunge to 6.5 avoid the stock sprint rom, its extremely buggy and is the reason for all the bad reviews on the sprint site (which chardog doesnt seem to understand) the 6.5 roms i reccommend are the LEAD ROM,vin's neodium, the kenio ROM, all of these run at stability similar to the stock 6.1 tho i havent tried the kenio ROM yet but ive heard that its pretty good.
The second TP2 I purchased on Ebay arrived today; I was a little bit dissapointed. I paid significantly more for this phone because the seller said that it had only been used a month and was in immaculate condition. It must have been a hard month. Personally, I plan on keeping my phones a long time, so I use things like screen protectors and snap-on plastic cases to protect my phones. Not everyone else does this. The other phone is in significantly better shape. This one came with the SIM card for international use, it also activated with no problems, so I will count my blessings.

This phone had the stock Sprint 6.5 rom and I am guessing that the previous owner had some difficulties. All of the settings had been messed with; I had to do a hard reset to get it working right. There have been no problems since. I am planning on trying some of the other ROMs to avoid the difficulties with the stock Sprint 6.5 rom that have been described by others. So Eric thank you very much for the suggestions.

This phone is for my wife and she is very happy with it despite being used to carrying the much smaller A-900 Blade. She started working with the browsers, the calendar, and games. She had nothing but smiles.

I have played a bit with the 4g phones at the Sprint store and also with my friends phones at work. There is no way that I could justify giving up my old plan and doubling the cost of my service for occasional 4g speeds, more memory and processor power. Smarter people than me have spent a lot of time figuring out ways to get the most out of their TP2s and have shared their knowledge on the forums. This makes the phone more valuable; it is one of the reasons that I was able to stick with a PPC-6700 for 5 years.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
useless thread