PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Good time to leave TP2?
Yes 15 55.56%
No 12 44.44%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2011, 07:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

chardog is keeping up the good workchardog is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; LS670 Build/FRG83) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341
Quote:
Originally Posted by chardog View Post
ignorant statement, calling the optimus underpowered (especially for the price point). If the optimus is underpowered, I dont know what you would think of the TP2.....

4 times the rom and twice the ram? I dont really care if those numbers are right or not, the TP2 is much much slower than the optimus, and I'm sure there's a lot of people that can vouch for this in the optimus section, who are previous tp2 users: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/lg-optimus...r-optimus.html

the optimus runs the same chipset as the evo, just slower clock speed.

Analysis of Qualcomm MSM7x27 (MSM7227 MSM7627) and MSM7x25 (MSM7225 MSM7625) processors - how good are they? - Smartphone Benchmarks (SmartBench 2010/Quadrant) Forum

sure, you may not be able to play the fastest racing games (not without a custom rom at least), but it's in a completely different league than the TP2. Sacrifice resolution for multitouch capacitative screen, better battery life, no SOD, better camera, better voice commands, speech to text that works, better navigation, faster, and more reliable phone.
this is an ignorant statement. of course any fandroid is gonna say the phone is better no matter what. i used one in the Sprint store and jus couldn't stand it,the screen was smaller and it didn't seem much faster or slower than my TP2 which doesn't suffer from the issues u mentioned because i don't use the stock 6.5 rom and I've said this before but u jus like to leave ur drive by cheap smartass $0.02 . if u hate the TP2 and MS so damn much then go buy an Android phone and leave us TP2 users the HELL ALONE you ignorant troll.
I'm the ignorant one? I have owned both phones. Do you own an android phone?

you must smoke some good stuff if you think the touch pro 2 is faster.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:37 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: Good time to leave TP2?

and u must smoke some good stuff if u think that phone with a smaller scree with a lower resolution can be better than one with higher resolution screen, ur pics and videos will look like u are looking at them through the screen of a screen door. how can anyone be satisfied with that? only a fandroid who is blind to the fragmentation thats about to be caused by such devices . ¿cómo lo ves desgraciado cobarde inmundo?
Old 01-09-2011, 10:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Dudes! lets not get argue as vailid poinst wer made on both sides,
and we cannot disregard our user experience.
It will vary widely due to differences in apps, and maintenance,
and overclock or not, and custom OS or not.

I can say that the newer TP2s can be overclocked higher,
But really a TP2 will not run optimal on stock OS,
and so alot of LESS "techy" buyers unknowingly buy a phone that will give them problems.
Just look at all the complaints reviews on Sprint upgrade phone site.
Iph*ne and Android devices usually run easier "out of the box".
Thats why M$ is going new route with WM7 phones.
So it gets a bad rap.

As for me, I will stay with my TP2 overclocked on Vinn rom.. at least untill newer devices come out
Old 01-10-2011, 01:55 AM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

i know about those reviews they're mostly associated with the stock 6.5 rom. wasn't like that with the stock 6.1 rom which is the best stock rom of all time.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:32 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I am feeling bored with my TP2 now. WP7 cant come fast enough to Sprint. They are slow.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:29 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
this is an ignorant statement. of course any fandroid is gonna say the phone is better no matter what. i used one in the Sprint store and jus couldn't stand it,the screen was smaller and it didn't seem much faster or slower than my TP2 which doesn't suffer from the issues u mentioned because i don't use the stock 6.5 rom and I've said this before but u jus like to leave ur drive by cheap smartass $0.02 . if u hate the TP2 and MS so damn much then go buy an Android phone and leave us TP2 users the HELL ALONE you ignorant troll.
Now I am sure everyone can have an opinion without being chastised about it right? So lets keep the discussion healthy and on topic and refrain from calling each other names or puting people down please.

Thanks
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:48 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsowen View Post
Now I am sure everyone can have an opinion without being chastised about it right? So lets keep the discussion healthy and on topic and refrain from calling each other names or puting people down please.

Thanks
Exactly right, let's keep this civil. You can disagree without resorting to puerile name-calling and flaming.

Thank you for your cooperation, now back to your regularly scheduled WM vs Android argument.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:36 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazed_z06 View Post
I still have my TP2 and all kinds of accessories sitting in a box here. I should sell it all for 100 bucks, but I cant sell something like this terrible in good conscience.
if you'd like, i can take it off your hands for $50. at least at that price, it won't weigh against your conscience as much

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 01-14-2011, 04:59 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
Exactly right, let's keep this civil. You can disagree without resorting to puerile name-calling and flaming.

Thank you for your cooperation, now back to your regularly scheduled WM vs Android argument.
this shouldnt even be i originally wanted WM and Android users to stick together and not go down to the immaturity level of the apple freaks whom in which put MS products down intentionally to set them up for failure. there's a lot of unnecessary animosity towards MS and it isn't fair even some tech sites are against MS products.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I was at a BBQ sometime in June and a few of us put our phones on the wooden deck railing. There were 6 TP2's side by side on 3 different carriers.

The same group of friends was recently together and I noticed that we were down to one Touch Pro 2. The overwhelming sentiment was that the new devices, all running Android OS, were a significant improvement over the TP2.

The last TP2 is mine, and it continues to be mine after having tried the Epic for a couple of weeks. So from that anecdote, I'm inclined to conclude that the newer devices are better for some and not for others (or at least me). It remains unfortunate that this concept is difficult to grasp for some people, and even moreso that these same people feel compelled to sway the opinion of the masses with their tiny slice of bias-reinforcing experience.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
useless thread