PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2010, 10:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Luzboss is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TP2 wont boot!!!!

ok so i read a couple other threads that are similar to my post but they accidentally flashed a gsm rom on a cdma. my problem is not that. my phone has been working fine. then today it froze in the messaging app ONCE AGAIN (WM 6.5) so i pushed the reset with the stylus. and bam phone wont boot ever since. it vibrates, white "TOUCH PRO 2" appears and stays for about a minuite, phone then resets itself and this cycle just continues. i dont understand.

so i said screw it, did a manual hard reset via the buttons and it went through that whole process but it still did the same repeating cycle when it tried to boot. so then i tried to get in bootloader and that worked as well. so then i reflashed my rom (xyc squeaky clean) it went through the whole process and again when i tried to reboot it cycles itself.... WTF!!!! so then my last resort was task29... did that and still the same damn cycling.

im so frustrated. i dont understand how it was working just fine and it just quit when doing a soft reset. makes no sense. THE ONLY THING I CAN THINK IT MIGHT BE is i have been running it OC'd at 748mhz for about a monthor two. but it hasnt showed any weird signs and as far as i can see, people have been running them at that speed for longer than 2 months. so im not sure if the POS qualcom got fried or not. if so, it deserved it anyway. but now im stuck without a phone. actually i have a backup that im trying sim unlock and am having problems with that at the moment too. thats a whole other story that is pissing me off as well.

but i have two tps in front of me and i cant get either to work!!!! please help!!!
HARDSPL: 1.00 by Olinex
Old 12-03-2010, 11:09 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: TP2 wont boot!!!!

take out your memory card... and use your PC to flash stock... then re-flash your custom Rom..

gotta start from the beginning sometimes..
Old 12-03-2010, 11:49 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
take out your memory card... and use your PC to flash stock... then re-flash your custom Rom..

gotta start from the beginning sometimes..
thanks for the quick reply. didnt think of that. so i went to the stock rom thread and tried both of these....

RUU_Rhodium_W_Sprint_WWE_1.21.651.3_RS_1.96WF_NV_S PCS_1.42_0430_PRL60652_Ship.exe

RUU_Rhodium_W_WM65_Sprint_WWE_2.04.651.4_RS_2.32WF _NV_SPCS_2.20_0224_PRL60660_Ship.exe

and one splash screen is touch pro 2 with white letters and the other is htc with green letters. this tells me that the roms are being flashed correctly but for some reason the phone just cant get passed the slpash screen... any thoughts on this?
Old 12-04-2010, 12:05 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

the SD Card was out as well???? or even if still in(try out too), atleast No RHODIMG.nbh sitting on it..
Old 12-04-2010, 12:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC CDMA Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

bugs9477 is keeping up the good workbugs9477 is keeping up the good work

I read some where here that a bad SD card can cause our phones to do funny things... just a thought maybe try task29 without the SD then Flash a your carriers rom also without the SD!

Sorry!
I was too quick to reply and didn't read boredandtattooed's comments!

Last edited by bugs9477; 12-04-2010 at 12:37 AM. Reason: quick to reply
Old 12-04-2010, 12:38 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

thanks for the replies!!! but i have removed everything. even my sim card. nothing seems to work!!! im no electroics tech nor do i know how these phones physically work. but if the OC actually fried something.... how can the phone still somewhat fucntion? its just not making any sense to me. any other suggestions??? im willing to try anything at this point.
Old 12-04-2010, 12:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC CDMA Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

bugs9477 is keeping up the good workbugs9477 is keeping up the good work

Have you tried ..with the SD card out, take the battery out for a period of time say 2min put the battery back in put into bootloader run task 29 again then back into bootloader and flash your carrier rom! shot in the dark!

reasoning, maybe something is staying in mem and taking the power away for a period of time will erase what is stuck in mem!
Old 12-04-2010, 01:14 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugs9477 View Post
Have you tried ..with the SD card out, take the battery out for a period of time say 2min put the battery back in put into bootloader run task 29 again then back into bootloader and flash your carrier rom! shot in the dark!

reasoning, maybe something is staying in mem and taking the power away for a period of time will erase what is stuck in mem!

no dice....
Old 12-04-2010, 01:15 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luzboss View Post
thanks for the replies!!! but i have removed everything. even my sim card. nothing seems to work!!! im no electroics tech nor do i know how these phones physically work. but if the OC actually fried something.... how can the phone still somewhat fucntion? its just not making any sense to me. any other suggestions??? im willing to try anything at this point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugs9477 View Post

I'm surprised you didn't refer him to your thread bugs.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...r-how-fix.html
Old 12-04-2010, 01:45 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
I'm surprised you didn't refer him to your thread bugs.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...r-how-fix.html

haha the things you have to do sometimes to get thedang phone to work. well im glad it worked for bugs but i dont have a problem getting the phone into bootloader. i can do that at will and flash whatever rom. but once its done being flashed, it still wont get past the first slpash screen

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2