PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2010, 10:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro2
Carrier: yemen mobile

alamir712 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
touch pro2 wifi

I have two problem in my touch pro2 device ,
the first one is that the device can not find any networks on wifi
i tried with many neteorks but it couldnt find any.

2- when i use navigate prog like (garmen ) it couldnt find my site although there was 12 sattelites in view>
is it problem with the com4 or i have to use another com>
please help me to desolve this problems
Old 12-03-2010, 02:37 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

1. Sounds like you aren't near any wifi hotspots.

2. Set gps so windows manages automatically in applications like Google Maps, Garmen, Bing, etc. Run QuickGPS and download satellite data for faster locks.
Old 12-03-2010, 02:42 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: touch pro2 wifi

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

1. Sounds like you aren't near any wifi hotspots.

2. Set gps so windows manages automatically in applications like Google Maps, Garmen, Bing, etc. Run QuickGPS and download satellite data for faster locks.
Or.. For number 1 You may not have Wifi turned on?

Please tell us how you are looking for these wifi networks...
Do you go to the wireless controls tab and turn on wifi and let it search without success?
p.
Old 12-03-2010, 05:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro2
Carrier: yemen mobile
Threadstarter

alamir712 is a n00b

1-about the wifi
i turned it on and put the phone near the modem but the device didnt fint the wireless network

2- i tried with google maps and tried to set the gps manually with all coms but no satellits then try to manage the gps with windows (auto )but it doesnt work

i also try with quick gps it update succefully but the problem doesnt desolve

i tried with another programms there were some satellits in view but it couldnt have my place(sattelite in view (sattelite in track 0)
Old 12-03-2010, 05:45 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level

About GPS... Have you tried the new version of Bing? Give it a try... It uses bing maps and it gives you turn by turn directions... Although I don't know how it would work in Yemen.

About the wifi... I really don't know what to tell you... Someone might have some solutions.... The only one I can think of is for you do do a hard reset and then try again.

Good luck with this bro.
p.
Old 12-03-2010, 05:45 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

my suggestions are in line with the other 2 above me

1. if wifi is disabled u will not be able to connect to any networks. also if its enabled and you arent able to find any networks then it can mean that there are none nearby or that they could be hidden.

2.use quick GPS to find the satellites.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhodium)
Carrier: Verizon

Tybalt39 is keeping up the good workTybalt39 is keeping up the good work

To what brand/model of wireless router are you trying to connect? Is it 802.11n?
PDA w/TTS (NAVTEQ 2009 Q4 maps) WVGA
HTC Mobile WiFi Router (under Comm Manager)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:41 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha

Good question Taybalt. That could be very important as the TP2 is only capable of connecting to a-g networks. Would he not be able to see them thoug?
p.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Captivate (GSM)
Carrier: AT&T

Miami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tybalt39 View Post
To what brand/model of wireless router are you trying to connect? Is it 802.11n?
I connect to my 802.11n network fine. Most wireless routers have a setting on by default to allow b and/or g devices to connect. I can't see any n exclusive networks on my Tilt 2, though, and the range is really short. For instance, I have my main wireless router in the house, but unless I am in the back bedroom I can not see my other wireless hub anywhere else. And neighbor's routers I can see fine with my laptop don't even show up on the Tilt 2.

Last edited by Miami_Son; 12-03-2010 at 08:56 PM.
Old 12-03-2010, 11:16 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

try switching to COM0, and its 4800 i believe??? I know for some reason I had to do this once with Google Maps... -with Gamin, no clue, I dont use it..

GPS, hmmmmm.. wish I knew.. like above stated, try quickgps to lock your sats, then try your Navi again...

keep us posted

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2