PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2010, 02:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: verizon
Carrier: cricket

Julesdabear7 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bricked Verizon HtC touch pro 2

I'm I noob and think may have killed it. I inherited a touch Pro 2 (verizon version) and may have bricked it. I was attempting to flash and may have killed this phone. Tried Verizon_HSPL_Package and wont boot up. i had the exe. file run from the phone . I think I killed it as it may have been the wrong one for this ypse. Guess I'm just throwing my hands up. Was connected to Pc using W7 os. But black screen tried hard reset removed battery pressed reset no go)
Old 11-30-2010, 03:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

can you get to bootloader(the tricolor screen)? with the phone off, press power and volume down. if you can get to the bootloader, just flash the stock rom for your provider.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:26 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen
Re: Bricked Verizon HtC touch pro 2

It might help if you posted this in the Touch Pro 2 section so the users there can help you further. This section is about Site Comments & Suggestions. With that being said try what demonlordoftheround said above and see if you can get into bootloader mode.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:43 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

moved
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:49 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Julesdabear7 is a n00b

Sorry about posts in wrong area. But do you mean power then volume down or simultaneously?
Old 11-30-2010, 08:53 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Opera/9.7 (Windows Mobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35166; U; en) Presto/2.2.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julesdabear7
Sorry about posts in wrong area. But do you mean power then volume down or simultaneously?
Turn off device or pull battery.
Push and hold volume down and while holding volume down push and hold power button until you see booty loader.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:37 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Julesdabear7 is a n00b

Thanks a lot for the response I guess its dead though. When you plug in usb with battery inserted it lets you know the device is connected. (chime from os) but no power up. tried reset and combo holding volume then power no luck.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:41 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Opera/9.7 (Windows Mobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35166; U; en) Presto/2.2.1)

Quote:
Thanks a lot for the response I guess its dead though. When you plug in usb with battery inserted it lets you know the device is connected. (chime from os) but no power up. tried reset and combo holding volume then power no luck.
Could you have a bad battery?
It needs at least a 50% charge.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:50 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Julesdabear7 is a n00b

could be, oddly enough I tried again and now at least have an orange power source light when plugged in to the usb....at least that's progress? I guess
Old 12-01-2010, 02:00 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

Quote:
could be, oddly enough I tried again and now at least have an orange power source light when plugged in to the usb....at least that's progress? I guess
Well, sounds like it is charging.
Let it charge overnight then unplug it from the cable. Then push and hold volume down and while holding volume down press and hold power and see if bootloader comes up. Then get the shipped rom ready on your pc and then connect to your pc and flash shipped. If that works then you can try the unlocker process again.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
killed htc tp 2 (verizon)