PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2010, 02:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

sonysw is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
send contact by message -- not working

I am using MightyRom and I just noticed that I cannot send contact by message (SMS or MMS or email) The information is just sit there in the draft folder.

Most of this question did not get any response so I am just wondering if anyone knows how to fix it.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:09 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonysw
I am using MightyRom and I just noticed that I cannot send contact by message (SMS or MMS or email) The information is just sit there in the draft folder.

Most of this question did not get any response so I am just wondering if anyone knows how to fix it.
You could dial ##786# and do a reset.
You will need your msl. Use Baff's msl grabber or try calling your carrier to get it.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6900 Vogue

SciFer is a n00b
Re: send contact by message -- not working

I've been having the same problem as sony and did exactly what horn said and 1st thing I did after provisioning for sprint is try to send contact info and I still got the same error!

So instead of re-installing all my apps I guess I'm going to try a diff rom unless someone else can suggest something else. Mighty Rom is really a great rom.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:14 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Now that I think about it, I should have recommended that you guys run task 29 and then re-flash Mighty and see if that fixes you up.
That should do it.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter

sonysw is just getting started

Did all you suggested but nothing really work. I did run task 29, reinstall mighty rom and it is still not working. I really like my rom since it is stable--not sure how to make it work. Any other cab that I can use to do the same task ?
Old 12-05-2010, 08:08 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonysw
Did all you suggested but nothing really work. I did run task 29, reinstall mighty rom and it is still not working. I really like my rom since it is stable--not sure how to make it work. Any other cab that I can use to do the same task ?
Hmm...did it ever work?

You might flash the shipped rom and then re-flash Mighty.
Unless Sprint has changed something(which I doubt) if it worked before it should work after a good flash unless there is some sort of problem on thier end.
Old 12-05-2010, 08:22 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

pull that bone out of your face and read horndoc. lol

I belive the op is only having problems with sending a contact card (vcard) via sms. this will not work. the file is an attachment and those can only be sent with email (maybe mms)

I'm not sure why nobody ever standardized something to share contact info over sms. heck I just wish someone would make a standard period.

as to why it doesn't go over email I'm not sure. which screen were you starting the process from? can you send email with other types of attachments?
Old 12-06-2010, 02:30 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive
pull that bone out of your face and read horndoc. lol

I belive the op is only having problems with sending a contact card (vcard) via sms. this will not work. the file is an attachment and those can only be sent with email (maybe mms)

I'm not sure why nobody ever standardized something to share contact info over sms. heck I just wish someone would make a standard period.

as to why it doesn't go over email I'm not sure. which screen were you starting the process from? can you send email with other types of attachments?
Pardon me?
I think you're the one that needs to read.
The OP clearly says in his first post he can't send it via sms, mms, or email.
My thought was something is screwed up and maybe a clean slate would help resolve his issue. That is, if it ever worked in the first place.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:46 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

It's probably the ROM you are using. It works fine in my ROM using MMS and arcsoft. It will just sit in draft if I try to send via SMS (though SMS is just text, so I don't know how a .vcf could be attached to it). I do not get an option to email it in my ROM. The way those menus are in sense, it's probably setup to use HTC Messaging Client for SMS (just guessing). HTCMessagingClient does not work for CDMA phones. I don't think hard resetting is going to help anything. Can you send mms of pictures, etc.?
Old 12-06-2010, 10:57 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

sorry doc. didn't mean to use caps. although I gotta say I started using the energy rom on my voyage back to tp1 and it's a slick little rom.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2