PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2010, 10:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

doggiedog is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can't unlock or upgrade my ROM

My phone for some reason had a fatal error (I never touched it, just left it in my pocket) and I was forced to do a hard reset. When it recovered, I realized I hadn't made a back up of the TP2, I only had a copy of files from my TP which doesn't work on the TP2.

For the past week, I've been fruitlessly trying to unlock my TP2 and upgrade the ROM but nothing seems to work.

First off, the Rhodium HardSPL unlocker is always detected as a virus so I need to boot in safe mode. My AV doesn't allow me ignore the virus. If I boot without the AV, Win7 tells me that I don't have rights to open the file even though this is my home computer and I have total admin rights. I've tried this on my laptop and netbook and I still get the same problem.

So I skipped the unlocker and went straight to Mightyrom. When I try to install MR, it always stops when I reach the gray screen at 0%. This happens on all of my computers. It seems like MR turns off the USB connection bc I see it doing it when I start it up and when it does this, the program can no longer communicate with the device obviously. This happens on Windows Mobile and Activesync.

I am at wits end trying to upgrade this thing. I've read through a lot of threads but they all seem to be success stories or problems unrelated to mine. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could provide me with some advice or better yet, point me to a ROM that comes in CAB format that I can directly download into the TP2 and have it run from there if there is such a thing. I bought this phone used so it may be unlocked. I'm not sure.

Thanks,

DD
Old 11-27-2010, 11:05 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (The Most EPIC ppc.: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; SPH-D700 Build/FROYO) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

No rom cabs so to speak. Your best bet is to uninstall your antivirus temporarily. Reinstall afterwards. You could also try at a library or a computer store on a demo computer.

Old 11-27-2010, 11:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Captivate (GSM)
Carrier: AT&T

Miami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Can't unlock or upgrade my ROM

You won't be able to install a 3-rd party ROM until you HardSPL unlock. Instead of running the EXE on your computer like you have been, try right-clicking it and select Run As Administrator. That should allow it to proceed.
Old 11-28-2010, 10:32 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

doggiedog is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami_Son View Post
You won't be able to install a 3-rd party ROM until you HardSPL unlock. Instead of running the EXE on your computer like you have been, try right-clicking it and select Run As Administrator. That should allow it to proceed.
This is the most frustrating thing. I can't get it to run on any of my 3 computers. Whenever I try to run as administrator, it says the file can't be accessed. If I try to run it normally, it says I don't have administrator rights. I have anti-virus turned off. I've tried it in safe mode and nothing works. I don't know what else to do.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Trophy
Carrier: Verizon

Oxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

The Hard-SPL did the same thing on my pc. You need to add the Hard-SPL.exe to your exceptions list in your anti-virus program before trying to run it.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:51 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

doggiedog is a n00b

You would think it would be quite easy to do but for some reason, my TP2 refuses to be unlocked. I've tried uninstalling the AV to putting exceptions in but whenever I reach the percentage screen it just stays at 0% until it times out and asks if I want to go to recovery mode. I've tried this on 3 different PCs, one a PC, another a notebook and the third a netbook. The only similarity between them all is that they are all running Windows 7 (2 64 bit and 1 32 bit).
Old 12-01-2010, 03:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Sensation 4G

tacotoy is becoming a great contributor

im assuming you have established a sync using windows mobile device center??
Old 12-01-2010, 07:33 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacotoy View Post
im assuming you have established a sync using windows mobile device center??
i didnt use wmdc to unlock.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:19 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

doggiedog is a n00b

Yes, I used WMDC. I noticed that when the unlocking process starts, WMDC gets disconnected. I'm wondering if that is the reason why it doesn't download the program into the phone. It does this every time on all computers. I'm going to give it another shot at my sister's place. Her computer has Activesync. If it doesn't work there, I'm giving up and going Android.
Old 12-03-2010, 12:45 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiedog
Yes, I used WMDC. I noticed that when the unlocking process starts, WMDC gets disconnected. I'm wondering if that is the reason why it doesn't download the program into the phone. It does this every time on all computers. I'm going to give it another shot at my sister's place. Her computer has Activesync. If it doesn't work there, I'm giving up and going Android.
I suggest you go back to square one and start over and make sure you follow all steps to eliminate any mistakes.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2