PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2010, 06:05 AM
BfA
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

BfA is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My HTC Touch Pro 2 Screen Suddenly Stopped Working!

So today my touch screen on my HTC Touch Pro 2 just stopped working. It doesn't respond to any touches on it at all. I can use the hardware buttons and the keyboard, but nothing on the touch screen which makes the phone practically useless.

Does anyone know of any settings that may have caused this? I'm hoping I might've mistakenly turned something off that made the entire touch screen shutdown. Doubtful, but worth a shot.

I've tried pulling the battery, cleaning the dirt around the edges and pressing really hard where there appears to be a small air bubble, but am hoping there might be something else to try before I do a hard reset.

If anyone has any ideas of how to fix it let me know please!

I had to have my Touch Pro refurbed 3 freaking times and I've already sent this Touch Pro 2 back due to the fact it has that oil/rainbow issue on the screen but all they did was flash the damn ROM. Seriously, I'm SO done with HTC from now on!

Last edited by BfA; 11-27-2010 at 07:09 AM.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:15 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: My HTC Touch Pro 2 Screen Suddenly Stopped Working!

could be something you did... could be the digitizer and the screen is toast(somewhat common)...

sounds to me like you might be lucky if a hard reset fixes the issue... sorry, i know thats not what you wanna hear
Old 11-27-2010, 11:04 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

sounds like the ribbon cable is loose or torn. a hardware problem.
Old 11-27-2010, 05:00 PM
BfA
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

BfA is a n00b

Ok, thanks guys. I'll try a hard reset which I'm also thinking won't work and if it doesn't then I'll go ahead and load the Telus ROM back on and relock it and take it in. Piss me off.
Old 11-28-2010, 01:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

ryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BfA View Post
Ok, thanks guys. I'll try a hard reset which I'm also thinking won't work and if it doesn't then I'll go ahead and load the Telus ROM back on and relock it and take it in. Piss me off.
There is another thread that has a solve for this issue if it is the digitizer that is a little newer than yours in the forum. I also thought something was wrong with my touch screen but it was the case I was using was pressing on it and I wasn't able to input anything until I removed it. Good luck.
Old 11-28-2010, 01:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

chardog is keeping up the good workchardog is keeping up the good work

I think phones in general are crap. They mass produce these shit from china, and the build quality is just horrible. They have serious QC issues there, and if they're not on top of it, the product becomes shit. Not only that, winblows is a horrible OS for the phone. I have problems calling out and receiving calls with my phone, which I originally thought was hardware, but it may be a software issue after all. The only phones with good build quality are nokia and iphone imo. Been pretty disappointed with samsung, motorola, and HTC.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:44 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chardog
I think phones in general are crap. They mass produce these shit from china, and the build quality is just horrible. They have serious QC issues there, and if they're not on top of it, the product becomes shit. Not only that, winblows is a horrible OS for the phone. I have problems calling out and receiving calls with my phone, which I originally thought was hardware, but it may be a software issue after all. The only phones with good build quality are nokia and iphone imo. Been pretty disappointed with samsung, motorola, and HTC.
So says the Troll!Here we go again.
FYI
Nokia and iPhone have hardware issues as well.

OP hard reset/clear storage. If that doesn't work you have a bad or damaged digitizer or ribbon cable.

Last edited by horndoctor; 11-30-2010 at 02:46 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:31 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chardog View Post
WOW not this again. if you like the iPhone so much then go buy one ,join the A$$ Tard$ & Turd$, enjoy the antennagate problems and get out of here. and HTC is not based in china.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-15-2011, 12:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: -VZW-

shmackitup is just getting started

OK, this just happened to me too.... I just flashed to the newest Energy ROM and now my touch screen is completely unresponsive... I tried the Dinik & Energy flavors, both with multiple hard resets and no luck.... It was working before I flashed!
Old 01-15-2011, 12:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: -VZW-

shmackitup is just getting started

OK, I just "massaged" the crap out of my screen and it started working again.... wtf?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2