PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2010, 10:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

allwires is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to allwires Send a message via MSN to allwires Send a message via Yahoo to allwires Send a message via Skype™ to allwires
Question Is there any way to get the stock WM start menu without flashing?

Hi guys,

I'm running the stock Sprint WM 6.5 ROM. Sometimes I like to use the stock WM homescreen instead of Sense. But even when I have sense disabled I get the honeycomb home screen as opposed to that little menu that opens up from the top right like it used to be.

Is there any way I can get that stock WM menu back without having to install anything i.e. a registry edit? If not, are there any cabs to do it?
Old 11-26-2010, 11:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Telesales Launch Day H/W Rev.)
Carrier: Sprint PCS

SweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Is there any way to get the stock WM start menu without flashing?

Hi.

I too do not care for that 6.5x honeycomb start menu. I'm still running stock 6.1 (with SPB Mobile Shell and other tweaks) but I have replaced my Start menu with QuickMenu, which is a small app that makes the menu much more "desktop" like.. Subfolders, a built-in task switcher/killer, memory reclaimer, better way of displaying available battery power and free RAM than stock, soft-reset/screen off utilities built-in, etc. It's very memory-efficient, and it's one of the first few apps I install after I hard-reset.

You can download it HERE

Note that I have no experience of how well it works on a non 6.1 system. Sorry. Make sure and follow the directions on the page - It doesn't install itself. Unzip the files, put them in a folder under "Program Files", and use Total Commander (or similar) to make a shortcut to the main exe file and put that shortcut in Windows\StartUp. Run it once and in the options page, among the many options, will be an option "Replace system Start menu" - I have that checked.

Good luck!
Old 11-27-2010, 12:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Captivate (GSM)
Carrier: AT&T

Miami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

It works fine on 6.1. I was using it on my Incite.
Old 11-27-2010, 01:26 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

for the OPs question the start menu u are referring to is only available on wm6.1 and lower. and if ur on the stock 6.5 rom id highly suggest u flash to either the stock 6.1 rom or any 21916 based 6.5 rom. while the stock 6.5 can be pretty lean and stable with the 2 cabs by goodthings2life, it still doesnt take away all the issues it has.
Old 11-27-2010, 02:01 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by allwires View Post
Hi guys,

I'm running the stock Sprint WM 6.5 ROM. Sometimes I like to use the stock WM homescreen instead of Sense. But even when I have sense disabled I get the honeycomb home screen as opposed to that little menu that opens up from the top right like it used to be.

Is there any way I can get that stock WM menu back without having to install anything i.e. a registry edit? If not, are there any cabs to do it?
The honeycomb start menu is part of WM 6.5(.x). It's not part of sense or made by HTC. You have to go to WM 6.1 or find some replacement (none of which are perfect IMO). I've been using mmapplauncher and it works pretty well.

[APP] MMAppLauncher v1.0 - Full Start Menu Replacement (WM 6.5, 6.5.x) - xda-developers

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2