PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2010, 02:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Mias_Daddy is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HELP! All the sudden I cannot receive pic SMS, but I can send.

I have no idea what happened, but all of the sudden I can't receive Pic SMS. My tp2 was acting all sluggish and what not, charged the battery, phone was and is working fine with the exception of not being able to receive...

Any help on this is much appreciated.
Old 11-25-2010, 02:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community
Re: HELP! All the sudden I cannot receive pic SMS, but I can send.

Do you know why it was acting sluggish? You said it was sluggish then charged the battery and all is fine. Charging it shouldn't fix the sluggishness, so was anything else done?
Old 11-30-2010, 01:33 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Sounds like it's time for a clear storage/hard reset.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:39 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

my situation is the opposite. on LEAD ROM 11/23 i can receive fine but not send. just goes to the outbox and sits with an hourglass over it and the limit is only 500k. everything else about the rom is great
Old 11-30-2010, 02:42 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

You have a lot of email or text messages already saved? Might be time to clear some of those out. And be sure to clear the deleted items folders out.
Old 12-04-2010, 04:26 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Guys, I don't have a lot of stored texts or emails. I try to erase the ones I don't need (non pic texts). When I said sluggish, meaning it would take 20 seconds to go to the option pressed (if I wanted to go to sms/internet and so forth). I haven't tried a hard reset as of yet, I haven't had a lot of down time to do so. I have also noticed that the reaction time on this is delayed. THe 'HTC X Button' has now vanished, tried to add it again, but it is not installing...hmmm, maybe hard reset is best option??

I am running the below if it matters any.
Mr. X ROM 2.5ROM DATE 6/18/10
Manila Ver 2.5.20132227.0_lite

I know this is off topic My two year contract is up and I have been toying with getting the Evo, but I have also heard that they (HTC/Sprint) will be coming out with one that has 1080p and a better battery life. Anyone else in here waiting to see what comes out next?

Last edited by Mias_Daddy; 12-04-2010 at 07:14 PM. Reason: left out issue
Old 12-04-2010, 04:32 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
Do you know why it was acting sluggish? You said it was sluggish then charged the battery and all is fine. Charging it shouldn't fix the sluggishness, so was anything else done?

No, nothing else was done. When I do a soft reset now, The "3G" symbol pops up, but I have to wait several mins for it to get a signal for me to use the phone in places where I used to get signals right away....something is going on with this phone...maybe need a different ROM?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2