PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   help please! tmobile htc touch pro 2 ringtone problems (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=137427)

crsclthsmoney 11-23-2010 01:18 AM

help please! tmobile htc touch pro 2 ringtone problems

i have an tmobile htc touch pro 2 and ive been having problems out of it since i first got it from tmobile. when i recieve multiple text messages, i have the same ringtone playing at multiple times as i recieve them. also when i am playing music off of the media player, the ringtone plays while the music player is playing. when i am on the phone, the ringtone plays in the ear and it reallly fustrates me. does anybody know what i can do about it? please help me because tmobile or htc cant.

horndoctor 11-23-2010 06:01 AM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/15954; U; en))

Well, if you are constantly using something on your device when you get a call, text, or email you are going to hear the notification tones to let you know you recieved a message or a call. :scratch:
That's what is supposed to happen.
If you don't want to hear the alert sounds for events then disable or change the sounds or set certain events to vibrate in Sounds and Notifications.
From the Start Menu go to Settings/Personal Tab/Sounds and Notifications.

darren.wlsn1 11-23-2010 06:30 AM

Re: help please! tmobile htc touch pro 2 ringtone problems

Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 2001220)
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/15954; U; en))

Well, if you are constantly using something on your device when you get a call, text, or email you are going to hear the notification tones to let you know you recieved a message or a call. :scratch:
That's what is supposed to happen.
If you don't want to hear the alert sounds for events then disable or change the sounds or set certain events to vibrate in Sounds and Notifications.
From the Start Menu go to Settings/Personal Tab/Sounds and Notifications.

think he means the notifications are listed as "mp3's" on his song list and play on music player while playing songs or on shuffle. think that part of what i got. lol
first part of op is how its supposed to happen though.

crsclthsmoney 11-23-2010 11:44 AM

thanks but that still doesnt solve my problem for when i recieve mltiple texts

horndoctor 11-24-2010 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crsclthsmoney
thanks but that still doesnt solve my problem for when i recieve mltiple texts

So you want your device to notify you when you get a text sometimes but not all the time? I'm afraid it's all or nothing. Maybe set the notification for new texts to vibrate like I said earlier.

sinister1 02-08-2011 10:45 PM

I'm having the issue where my damn ringtones are showing up in my play list; Help.

boredandtattooed 02-08-2011 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinister1 (Post 2053378)
I'm having the issue where my damn ringtones are showing up in my play list; Help.

set your ringtone folder to read-only... that should do it