PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2010, 04:39 PM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch
Carrier: Sprint

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Pim back up ?

Is pim backup safe? i remember a post where it was stated that if used it could mess up things with the newer rom flashed.

Im using NRGZ Energy cookie rom but want to try out Touch of glass cookie 2.0 but i have many contacts and text messages that i dont want to loose. I want to back up it pimbackup but will it mess anything up after i reload everything after flashing

Old 11-18-2010, 05:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Captivate (GSM)
Carrier: AT&T

Miami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Pim back up ?

I've never had a problem using it, but I also don't use custom ROMs.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:24 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i havent had any issues using it. ive used it on sprint 6.5 and energyrom. i only use it for contacts though.
on a side note, you know that you can copy the pim backup file, cab files, reg edits, phone settings and many other things in the "XDA_UC" folder on your storage card and it will install that stuff on the first boot right? after i upgrade to newer energy roms, i let xda uc run, then all i have to do after that is basically set up my email and sign into facebook.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:27 PM
VIP MVP
Threadstarter

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff

will it back up the threaded text messages? is it simple to use?
never tried that before but i will look into it
Old 11-18-2010, 05:42 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

just use MS Myphone - its probably better suited, easier to follow for you.. no offense.. MyPhone is just silly simple and itll do your contacts and messages no problem...

btw OP, your the king of New threads man... you couldve just asked this in any of the 100s of threads on backups or PIM backup lol
Old 11-18-2010, 05:51 PM
VIP MVP
Threadstarter

i looked at those threads and that were i seen that some people were having problems with pim backup some said it cause them problems with their new rom because it would also bring some files from the previous rom. They kept receiving the same text messages over and over because of pim backup etc etc

wheres my crown.. LOL
Old 11-18-2010, 11:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
just use MS Myphone - its probably better suited, easier to follow for you.. no offense.. MyPhone is just silly simple and itll do your contacts and messages no problem...

btw OP, your the king of New threads man... you couldve just asked this in any of the 100s of threads on backups or PIM backup lol
+1 on MS Myphone, much easier, set it and forget it, nightly updates, no worrys about adding a new contact and flashing a new rom and losing your contact cuz you haven't ran PIM backup...

and yeah, search is your friend before starting a new thread, lmao
Old 11-20-2010, 12:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

superflysocal is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff601 View Post
i havent had any issues using it. ive used it on sprint 6.5 and energyrom. i only use it for contacts though.
on a side note, you know that you can copy the pim backup file, cab files, reg edits, phone settings and many other things in the "XDA_UC" folder on your storage card and it will install that stuff on the first boot right? after i upgrade to newer energy roms, i let xda uc run, then all i have to do after that is basically set up my email and sign into facebook.
can you elaborate. Is this only with energy rom?
Old 11-20-2010, 01:48 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

XDA_UC can run on any ROM that supports it... which is atleast half of them now-a-days... it usually says in the info if its UC compliant or not..

heres a big thread to help ya get going [UC]XDA_UC V2.RC1, Automated & Silent User & Cook, Configuration Service[14/05/10] - xda-developers

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2