PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2010, 11:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

shankscomp is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to shankscomp Send a message via Yahoo to shankscomp
Talking Time Zone / Calendar times change... Please help

Ok, first, I have searched the forum and have read several posts on the calendar's being off 1 hour, but I don't think this has anything to do with me.

What I'm seeing, and I've seen this both on WM6.5 and on SPB Mobile Shell. Currently, I'm running the mobile shell and am liking it alot, except a few minor details that I'm working around!

My problem:
When I change time zones, i.e. cross from CST to EST, my time changes automatically... Great.... But then, I notice my calendar changes times also by one hour. So, here's what I've done... I went thru and disabled the Time sync from network and the time zone sync from network. So now it didn't automatically change... BUT when I went in and manually changed my time from CST to EST, my calendar changed times also. I would like to NOT have my calendar change times when I change time zones....

Does this all make sense.... I just want to keep what I put in the calendar at the times I put it in, no matter what time zone I'm in.

I do use google sync to sync my email/contacts/calendar with and have not seen anything on their website to help me...

Please advise....
Thanks

Tim
Navizon- Get paid $s to use your phones GPS & Wifi!
Old 11-18-2010, 01:40 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Time Zone / Calendar times change... Please help

i dont know if thats possible... the software is working like its suppose to... your appointments change when you change timezones, so that your appointment still go off at the time you selected...

I have an appointment/reminder to call my daughter at 830pm everyday... if i travel to say Chicago, my appointment will say 730.. but thats the right thing for the software to do.. my appointment time changed to reflect the time zone, but it still keeps my appointment on-time, since its really 830 in MI if its 730 in CHicago.. therefore im still right on schedule with my appointment/reminder to call her...

ie - if you have an appointment to call someone at a certain time, and leave your time zone - if you get the hack to work your talking about, youll be late making that call.. because itll keep Your native timezone for the appointment but your clock will continue to show the new time zones time, thus making your appointments off by how ever many hours the time zone change was...

make sense???? you do what you asking, and alll your appointments will be off everytime you switch zones....................unless you set your appointment according to the fact you may be out of town and in a diff zones when said appointment is due, then it would be right... good luck forseeing that though lol...

In the end, I dont think what your asking is possible, or even in the best interest of someone who needs to keep calendar appointment on schedule but travels often
Old 11-18-2010, 01:49 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

wow one of the first complaints of a device/ROM thats actually working right, i think this is similar to asking; how can i make my phone not ring when i get a call or notify me when i get a new text message? JAJAz
Old 11-18-2010, 02:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: DX2
Carrier: Verizon

three west is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to three west

sorry shanks, dunno of a way to do that, and not interested in finding one

I want to know when my appts are, not when they would be if I was somewhere else.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Threadstarter

shankscomp is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to shankscomp Send a message via Yahoo to shankscomp

ok, I see you're point. It's just keeping the appointment at the scheduled time according to the time zone I'm in. So, in other words... What I need to, is when I add appointments, if I'm physically in CST, but the appointment is in EST, then just add the appointment for 1 hour earlier than my current time.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:46 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankscomp View Post
ok, I see you're point. It's just keeping the appointment at the scheduled time according to the time zone I'm in. So, in other words... What I need to, is when I add appointments, if I'm physically in CST, but the appointment is in EST, then just add the appointment for 1 hour earlier than my current time.
i belive so, yes... all in theory of course lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
calendar, time, zone