PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2010, 10:58 AM
Q_Q
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Q_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How to get Full Website view in Opera?

Trying to access Facebook full site on Opera.
I have mobile view turned off in Opera's option.
Tried retyping the URL to no avail.

Any way to workaround since Opera forces me to go to the mobile site(s) on Facebook or other?

Last edited by Q_Q; 09-06-2010 at 11:49 AM.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:10 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: How to get Full Website view in Opera?

and here comes the war over browsers LOL kind of kidding..

i dont FaceBook so i cant tell ya.. but if your into FB apps try this one http://www.facebook.com/apps/applica...id=35590940472
Old 09-06-2010, 11:50 AM
Q_Q
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Threadstarter

Q_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
and here comes the war over browsers LOL kind of kidding..

i dont FaceBook so i cant tell ya.. but if your into FB apps try this one http://www.facebook.com/apps/applica...id=35590940472
Yeah, it's not only facebook but ESPN, vegas.com, etc.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:52 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

try opera 10 or skyfire.
Old 09-06-2010, 01:03 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

there is a tweak on this site and on the myopera site that you can put into the user-agent string that will force it to display full sites. or if you use internet explorer theres an option in the tools menu that easily switches between mobile and desktop. it works really well, 9 out of every 10 websites i visit return me the desktop version with this option set.
Old 09-06-2010, 01:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
there is a tweak on this site and on the myopera site that you can put into the user-agent string that will force it to display full sites. or if you use internet explorer theres an option in the tools menu that easily switches between mobile and desktop. it works really well, 9 out of every 10 websites i visit return me the desktop version with this option set.
yep, i did a little writeup on this a while ago... the problem is that your opera user-agent tells these websites that you are using a mobile browser so it automatically redirects you to their mobile version of the site instead of the desktop version. i also noticed that having the browser set as a mobile browser messes up the reply box here on ppcgeeks and a few other sites. the reply box becomes grayed out, unable to enter text. like the reply box never fully loaded. basically what you need to do to solve all of this is change your user agent. follow these steps to change it:

1) type opera:config in opera's address bar
2) scroll down to user prefs
3) scroll down to custom user agent
4) delete "(compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0)"
or you can change it to desktop user agent, but ive found deleting it is alot easier with the same results
5) scroll down to save
6) restart opera
7) enjoy!

i hope that helps man, that used to drive me nuts before i figured out what was causing it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-06-2010, 03:09 PM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff601 View Post
yep, i did a little writeup on this a while ago... the problem is that your opera user-agent tells these websites that you are using a mobile browser so it automatically redirects you to their mobile version of the site instead of the desktop version. i also noticed that having the browser set as a mobile browser messes up the reply box here on ppcgeeks and a few other sites. the reply box becomes grayed out, unable to enter text. like the reply box never fully loaded. basically what you need to do to solve all of this is change your user agent. follow these steps to change it:

1) type opera:config in opera's address bar
2) scroll down to user prefs
3) scroll down to custom user agent
4) delete "(compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0)"
or you can change it to desktop user agent, but ive found deleting it is alot easier with the same results
5) scroll down to save
6) restart opera
7) enjoy!

i hope that helps man, that used to drive me nuts before i figured out what was causing it.
even with that deleted I still had gotten redirected to mobile sites,using IE seems to be a hassle free option for displaying desktop sites and loading speeds are similar to opera without turbo. and that's another issue if you have turbo enabled you will always get mobile redirects.
Old 09-06-2010, 03:28 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
even with that deleted I still had gotten redirected to mobile sites,using IE seems to be a hassle free option for displaying desktop sites and loading speeds are similar to opera without turbo. and that's another issue if you have turbo enabled you will always get mobile redirects.
it works well for me on 9.5, 9.7, now 10... i never use IE, its always been slow for me... if opera cant handle the job, i use uzard.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

creedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good work

don't be shocked if you never get full facebook to stay on opera. some sites it seems like detect opera mobile no matter what's in the user agent string. never did figure out how. skyfire is the most reliable for me to see full version pages. even does the little live chat bar at the bottom of facebook. can't use it for long without issues but it's nice for visiting fb
Old 09-06-2010, 05:41 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by creedo View Post
don't be shocked if you never get full facebook to stay on opera. some sites it seems like detect opera mobile no matter what's in the user agent string. never did figure out how. skyfire is the most reliable for me to see full version pages. even does the little live chat bar at the bottom of facebook. can't use it for long without issues but it's nice for visiting fb
for me its IE, I still got redirected in Skyfire (but not as often as opera) IE also doesn't use as much ram as Skyfire, iris or opera 10.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2