PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2010, 03:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

IIVisionII is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Did i brick my tp2?

So i think i just bricked my TP2. I was trying to reflash the new energy rom and ran task 29 then then energy rom file. Every attempt, it would get stuck on the touch pro 2 loading screen, so i then tried another version of task 29. It then went into the bootloader and every time i tried running the rom it would say the message "file open" so i restarted the phone and now it just stays off. No light when plugged in, no response to hitting power button, nothing. Anything i can do? I have the sprint monthly insurance, so if anything else, I hope i can take it in tomorrow. That should be covered right?
Old 11-07-2010, 03:50 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIVisionII
So i think i just bricked my TP2. I was trying to reflash the new energy rom and ran task 29 then then energy rom file. Every attempt, it would get stuck on the touch pro 2 loading screen, so i then tried another version of task 29. It then went into the bootloader and every time i tried running the rom it would say the message "file open" so i restarted the phone and now it just stays off. No light when plugged in, no response to hitting power button, nothing. Anything i can do? I have the sprint monthly insurance, so if anything else, I hope i can take it in tomorrow. That should be covered right?
I don't think you're bricked.
Try flashing the shipped rom from bootloader.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

IIVisionII is a n00b
Re: Did i brick my tp2?

Thanks for the response. How do i get into bootloader mode since the phone does not respond to the power button at all? The lights also do not turn on when it is plugged in.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:54 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Pull the battery and wait a min. Then re-insert battery and push and hold volume down and while holding volume down push and hold power button until you see bootloader. Then flash shipped rom.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

IIVisionII is a n00b

Am trying it out. Will report back in a few min. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

IIVisionII is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post

Pull the battery and wait a min. Then re-insert battery and push and hold volume down and while holding volume down push and hold power button until you see bootloader. Then flash shipped rom.
You are a genius my friend! Thanks, it worked i'm back in bootloader.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:32 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIVisionII
Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post

You are a genius my friend! Thanks, it worked i'm back in bootloader.
lol
I dunno about that.
Did you get it flashed back to stock or did you flash another rom?
Old 11-09-2010, 12:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

IIVisionII is a n00b

I ended up flashing energy rom touch of glass because i wanted the original energy rom but it would install after repeated attempts before my phone got screwed up. I'll probably end up installing the original energy rom theme after there's a new version that comes out.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2