PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2010, 03:05 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unable To Unlock My Sprint TP2

Hey guys, ive been trying to unlock my sprint tp2 for a few weeks now with no luck i sync my phone to the computer, run the cdma hspl and it says click ok and it will to begin the flash. then a few seconds later it says fatal error: make sure the phone is still synced and usb cable is still plugged in. i have verified this but still a no go. ive tried several things and searched/read for hours with no solution

ive tried to unlock using windows 7 64bit with wmdc 6.1 and windows xp with AS 4.5 and i get the same results with both... ive tried with the phone on, in bootloader, no sd card, no sim card, basically every combination i could think of and still no luck. can someone please help me out, this is very frustrating. ive never flashed before but ive had a apaches, moguls, a tp1 and tp2 so im not new to WM but this hspl really has me stumped... I watched the video on unlocking and i am following the steps correctly so i dont know what else to do. can someone help me out here? im on stock 6.5 and using the latest hspl unlocker.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:49 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Hey puff,
Sorry you are having so much trouble. I am wondering if you might have better luck flashing back to the original shipped 6.1 rom first and then start the unlocking process over.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:55 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

turn off your antivirus program and try again.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:07 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Unable To Unlock My Sprint TP2

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

turn off your antivirus program and try again.
+1, had same issue on w7 64 bit.

op check your pm please.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:13 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

thanks for the responses guys. i havent tried to flash the 6.1 rom as ive saw others with similar issues say that didnt help, but ill still give it a shot. i have antivirus and firewall disabled

also, can someone point me to the stock sprint 6.1 rom, possibly a nbh? i looked for it earlier but couldnt find it. even the link to the stock roms in the upgrade section is down. hopefully this works, id hate to flash 6.1 and still not be able to unlock. that does seem like a good idea, but it is also the last thing i wanted to try, and right now i feel ive tried everything else so 6.1 here i come. hopefully the issue is the hspl doesnt like the spl in 6.5 and will work with 6.1. wish me luck guys, im off to search for 6.1 some more

EDIT: i found the stock roms here
Stock CDMA Touch Pro 2 ROMs

Last edited by puff601; 11-05-2010 at 05:41 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:41 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

sweet! i got it unlocked! i was following the steps correctly evidentally i needed to do a hard reset first. i was about to flash stock 6.1 and decided to do a hard reset on 6.5 and gave the hspl a try. it worked flawlessly. thanks guys for all your suggestions. now im off to try my first custom rom. i think ill try nrg's 6.5 dinik
Old 11-05-2010, 08:31 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

lol
Glad you got it!
I thought you said you did that already.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:04 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I don't remember having to do that, but it was a while ago. Good to hear you are now flashing away. Give Lead ROM try.
Old 11-06-2010, 01:23 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

im not sure why i had to hard reset. all i can say is i had a load of cabs installed and lots of other stuff, maybe they didnt agree with the hspl. i also unlocked my gf's tmobile tp2. hers didnt require a hard reset. i will give Lead rom a shot. right now, im loving EnergyROM Dinik.
Old 11-06-2010, 01:33 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

interesting OP i thought u were already on a custom rom as 90% of ppl on this site are (at this moment im currently not among that) im also thinkin about givin lead rom a try but stock is just servin me too well right now and then theres the Oz problem.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2