PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   What is Asurion giving for the TP2 now? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=136317)

digiblur 11-01-2010 03:57 PM

What is Asurion giving for the TP2 now?

I picked up an Epic last month and gave the TP2 to my son. Within a month the keyboard went out. The Sprint store says the thing got wet, but it never did. Stupid humidity and the stickers. C'mon...if the phone got wet more than the keyboard would be broke!!

Now they tell me to go through Asurion... what phone are they giving for the TP2 now? I really don't want to get a Android phone for him as I'll have to pay another $10 on the SERO.

I'll have to follow one of the guides on here and see if the keyboard cable came unattached.. it did it a few times on my TP1.

Or I might just take the stickers off an older phone I had and put it on the TP2 and bring it back to them and tell them they are full of crap.

lnando84 11-01-2010 04:13 PM

Re: What is Asurion giving for the TP2 now?

I broke my tp2 about 3 weeks ago and received a brand new tp2 in box from asurion. I'm assuming they'll still have them in stock. As far as removing the sticker...It'll probably be a waste of time because Sprint, more than likely, noted in your account that the phone has "water damage". From what I've heard, once its been flagged, they won't even look at the device anymore.

jokergp 11-01-2010 04:45 PM

well i reported my phone lost on saturday and i got a brand new in the box tp2 today!

HTCotta 11-01-2010 04:54 PM

Is that TP2 running a custom ROM? I had 5 TP1's on account of hardware keyboard failures and thought the same thing was happening to my TP2 but it turned out to be some sort of ROM problems (across multiple ROMs too) so make sure it's hardware before unnecessarily paying your deductible!

horndoctor 11-01-2010 07:02 PM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

OP if you are paying for TEP from Sprint then the Sprint Store should replace it water damage or not and for free. If you go through Assurion then you will have to pay the deductable.

gullzway 11-01-2010 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 1985769)
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

OP if you are paying for TEP from Sprint then the Sprint Store should replace it water damage or not and for free. If you go through Assurion then you will have to pay the deductable.

Negative, never heard of a Sprint store replacing a phone for free due to water damage when you have TEP. That's what Assurion is for.

Even the NEW changes they made this week state "A new $50/$100 fee for claims via Asurion will apply for Damaged beyond repair devices such as ones with a damaged circuit board, liquid damage/corrosion, or a smashed device in 3 or more pieces. Customers with a lost or stolen device will also get the same $50/$100 claim fees via Asurion instead of having to purchase a new device or having to upgrade early."

lnando84 11-01-2010 07:19 PM

Quote:

Sorry doc but thats incorrect. They def won't replace it for free with water damage. Sprint actually just made a few changes with their TEP coverage. Check it out HERE.

EDIT: Ooops gullzway beat me to it

imnuts 11-01-2010 09:26 PM

Which sticker did they say had been activated? If it was one that is easily visible (battery or just under battery cover) have them check the internal sticker. That is the only one that should really matter, but if that one was triggered, than it likely did get damp. And VZW is the only one that doesn't have TP2s anymore through insurance as far as I know.

horndoctor 11-02-2010 12:04 AM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:

Originally Posted by gullzway
Quote:

Negative, never heard of a Sprint store replacing a phone for free due to water damage when you have TEP. That's what Assurion is for.

Even the NEW changes they made this week state "A new $50/$100 fee for claims via Asurion will apply for Damaged beyond repair devices such as ones with a damaged circuit board, liquid damage/corrosion, or a smashed device in 3 or more pieces. Customers with a lost or stolen device will also get the same $50/$100 claim fees via Asurion instead of having to purchase a new device or having to upgrade early."

Hmm...OK, they just changed that according to that report on xda because I know I have heard people have dropped thier phones in the toilet before or backed over them with thier cars and taken phones into a Sprint Store and if they were paying for Total Equipment Protection then the Sprint Employee orders a replacement at no charge. If you did an exchange directly with Assurion then you had to pay the deductable. That's how it used to be.
I guess my response is wtf am I paying $7 a month for? IMO that's not Total equipment protection. I guess this is what happens with the current economy today and with the way some people have abused the replacement benefit. :angry7:
:protest:

austin420 11-02-2010 12:13 AM

water damage or liquid corosion have never been covered without a deductible. i guess id say your paying 7 dollars a month for them to fix anything noncatastophic for free, with out them telling you to send it back to the factory.
also without tep the deductible isnt 100 dollars. there is a device replacement fee of 119 dollars for those without tep, but youll allways get another of the same device and it will never be new.
at least with assurion, you get a good chance that it will be a new device or you could even get upgraded for free! sprint deffintly wont do that for you.