PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2010, 01:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Problem copying address book - entries "split"

OK I had this problem where I beamed my address book to my sisters phone since we have a lot of common entries.

problem is it SPLITS the entries into singular entries.

So if I have ONE SINGLE entry with home work and mobile phone numbers what gets sent to her phone is THREE SEPARATE entries one for each number.

I thought this was just her phone not dealing with the transmission properly but now I can confirm its my phone doing this.

I just snatched myself another TP2 Mint for $120 as a backup. so of course I switched service over to it to make sure its all good and what not.

I beamed over my contacts from my first TP2 to my new TP2 (same firmware Stock 6.5) and it does the same darned thing. it splits contacts into separate entries for each number.

How do I stop this? how do I make it send a contact as a single contact even with more than one number IN that contact (My Sanyo phones never had a problem doing this sanyo to sanyo or sanyo to ppc my blackberry also had no problem sending proper contacts to my TP2)

Is there a settings somewhere I am missing or something? If there is no way to fix this is there ALTERNATE software I can use to backup the contacts (including the pictures) and then restore them on the new phone?
Old 10-31-2010, 09:27 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys
OK I had this problem where I beamed my address book to my sisters phone since we have a lot of common entries.

problem is it SPLITS the entries into singular entries.

So if I have ONE SINGLE entry with home work and mobile phone numbers what gets sent to her phone is THREE SEPARATE entries one for each number.

I thought this was just her phone not dealing with the transmission properly but now I can confirm its my phone doing this.

I just snatched myself another TP2 Mint for $120 as a backup. so of course I switched service over to it to make sure its all good and what not.

I beamed over my contacts from my first TP2 to my new TP2 (same firmware Stock 6.5) and it does the same darned thing. it splits contacts into separate entries for each number.

How do I stop this? how do I make it send a contact as a single contact even with more than one number IN that contact (My Sanyo phones never had a problem doing this sanyo to sanyo or sanyo to ppc my blackberry also had no problem sending proper contacts to my TP2)

Is there a settings somewhere I am missing or something? If there is no way to fix this is there ALTERNATE software I can use to backup the contacts (including the pictures) and then restore them on the new phone?
Maybe use MyPhone to transfer your contacts. Maybe try to use the shipped 6.1 rom or a different rom to beam.
Old 10-31-2010, 11:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Problem copying address book - entries "split"

I will look at the myphone (saw the icon) but going backwards an OS is not a viable option
Old 11-01-2010, 12:18 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

ive never beamed a contact, so i dont know anything about that..

theres several other ways to transfer contacts though... Myphone, Dashwire are pretty simple.. PimBackup will do it.. Sashimi.. and more... i use Sashimi, because IMO, its the ultimate backup/setup tool
Old 11-01-2010, 01:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

I will give sashimi a try still hoping ultimately to get a BT fix since its VERY convenient.

will sashimi backup the contact pictures as well?
Old 11-01-2010, 01:57 PM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Pocket PC: treo 700wx>mogul>touchpro>touchpro2>Evo 3D

lnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to lnando84

Theres a program called Shake2Send, that is almost like the ifone's "bump", that'll allow you to send files between phones with a simple shake of the phone. I've never tried it b4 but it might work for ya to transfer your contacts.

Donations accepted not expected!

This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2