PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2010, 09:01 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Registry

I am just wondering if there is any registry entry that signifies if you are in cell phone coverage or not. Also i am wondering if there is a registry entry that signifies if there is a text message being sent or recieved. What i mean is i know there is a reg entry int the HKLM\SOFTWARE...isPhoneActive i am wondering if there is any reg entry like that for the coverage and sending/recieving a text message.

THANKS GUYS!!
Old 10-27-2010, 10:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Registry

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
I am just wondering if there is any registry entry that signifies if you are in cell phone coverage or not. Also i am wondering if there is a registry entry that signifies if there is a text message being sent or recieved. What i mean is i know there is a reg entry int the HKLM\SOFTWARE...isPhoneActive i am wondering if there is any reg entry like that for the coverage and sending/recieving a text message.

THANKS GUYS!!
I found a few below which probably tell if you are in cell phone coverage or not. I bolded on that sounds promising. I am not sure on sending a txt message, though it may be there. It happens quickly, so it would be hard to do a before/during comparison of the registry (but could probably be done if you could export the keys quick enough).

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\State\Phone]
"Signal Strength Raw"=dword:00000064
"Cellular System Connected"=dword:00000000
"Status"=dword:888000A0
"Signal Strength"=dword:00000064
"Extended Status"=dword:00000000
"Cellular System Available"=dword:00000004
"Current Operator Name"="Sprint"
Old 10-28-2010, 01:21 AM
Threadstarter

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Dude your amazing thank you i saw those before and i couldn't remember for the life of me where i saw them :P and now i just need to figure out where the ones for the texts are.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:33 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

mind if i ask what your doing with those??? just curious is all, seemed an odd request
Old 10-28-2010, 06:36 PM
Threadstarter

hopefully I will write a program to keep from getting those "your mesasage was not sent" errors .. using mortscript code .. or some other . trying mortscript first . so thanks again for all the help really need to find that reg entry for being in the process of sending\recieving messages .. hope one exists .
Old 10-29-2010, 12:01 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Quote:
hopefully I will write a program to keep from getting those "your mesasage was not sent" errors .. using mortscript code .. or some other . trying mortscript first . so thanks again for all the help really need to find that reg entry for being in the process of sending\recieving messages .. hope one exists .
There already are registry tweaks and cabs available for sms sent notifications. Look here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...fications.html
Old 10-29-2010, 10:52 AM
The Dyslexic VIP

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

are you talking about in your threaded message, where its red and underlined, saying your message wasnt sent?? if so, thats not going away..
Old 10-29-2010, 01:54 PM
Threadstarter

@horndoctor ... no i already have those gone . i said message was NOT sent lol . like say if i am out of coverage i obviously cant send a text but at my moms house i go in and out of service .. so by using the registry entrys listed above , i will hopefully be able to have an IF statement that will constantly loop checking the cell phone signal , and if it is = or greater than say 1 it will allow the message to send .. and when i text 5 ppl at once it gets annoying when i try to send a text and at the same time am recieving one the text does not send causing an error message .. so im looking for the reg entries that signify if there is a text message coming in . so i can use an IF statement to control that as well .. not exactly sure how i will control the actual sending of messages but have an idea that im pretty certain will work for the signal issue .. any help would be great . thanks again !!!!
Old 11-04-2010, 09:20 AM
Threadstarter

so no one wants to help ? thanks
Old 11-04-2010, 10:00 AM
The Dyslexic VIP

Quote:
so no one wants to help ? thanks
dude, dont be rude...

is that what your talking about????

the same error will happen if your sending a message and one happens to be coming in at the same time..

its not going away, you need to understand that.... if that can be removed, its very well hidden... ive read people looking to get rid of that for years and ive never read a solution.....

***and without that warning, youd never know your sms Wasn't sent now would you***

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2