PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2010, 01:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rebelx is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How to turn off Weather

I accidentally enabled HTC's location services while attempting to get Lookout to find my phone via GPS (it failed... apparently their systems are not capable of searching for Windows Mobile yet! (or so I was told by a rep)) and as a consequence of said action, I now have weather on. I have Cookies hometab which allows me to put a switch to toggle weather on and off (obviously in the off position at this point) and I've deleted my city from the weather tab, but I still have weather info when I open my phone in landscape mode. I have to get the phone back in portrait mode (no keyboard open) to have weather gone. I know it updates once a day (that's the minimum that is set, I believe) but how I do get rid of it entirely.

I'm slightly panicking because the ONLY change that I made between daily SODs and essentially no SODs is turning weather off. Now that it's "on," I have been getting about 1-2 SODs/daily, compared to maybe 1-2/week. I don't want SOD hell to start over again!!

Running stock ROM, Sense.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:30 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: How to turn off Weather

not whats causing sod's but here.

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 02-14-2012 at 12:15 AM.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
not whats causing sod's but here.
thanks, but that turn off weather updating entirely? i dont even want it to register what city i'm in for weather. it might not cause SOD but it definitely makes me feel better :/
Old 10-25-2010, 02:01 AM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce
Carrier: Sprint

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

I agree with darren. You might just be a cell phone killa lol.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:21 AM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelx View Post
thanks, but that turn off weather updating entirely? i dont even want it to register what city i'm in for weather. it might not cause SOD but it definitely makes me feel better :/
use spb shell then. funny how the mind works though.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
use spb shell then. funny how the mind works though.
that requires the $$$ though, doesn't it? i had a cheap (read: free) stable rom going and all of a sudden i mucked it up :/
Old 10-25-2010, 02:56 AM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelx View Post
that requires the $$$ though, doesn't it? i had a cheap (read: free) stable rom going and all of a sudden i mucked it up :/
ya its not free but sprints 6.5 update is garbage so why not just unlock/flash?
Old 10-25-2010, 04:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
ya its not free but sprints 6.5 update is garbage so why not just unlock/flash?
i've been following the energy rom but there have been a few people complaining about speed + batt life with the newest release, so i'm holding off till that gets addressed. i was ready to jump till i read that stuff :/
Old 10-25-2010, 11:21 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

why not go into settings and remove the weather tab??? sense settings>personalize>tabs>remove weather

and if your using cookie, you can select a clock WITHOUT weather as well.. from homescreen hit menu(right soft key)>edit home layout>level 1 main>advanced(right soft key)>show clock>select "original flip clock without weather...(or other clocks will do the same as well)

thatll equal no weather anywhere on your phone..
Old 10-25-2010, 11:30 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

From the Home tab/menu disable location and Settings tab/location switch location to off.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2