PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2010, 02:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: better beliEVO!
Carrier: Sprint

meeklo062704 is keeping up the good workmeeklo062704 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Old school wm 6.1 roms?

Are there any good wm 6.1 roms with manila 2.0? I sold my tp2 to my roommate when I got my evo, and I left him with a baked 6.5/2.1 rom. He keeps complaining about it being laggy, and I already deleted all of my old roms, kitchens, and sys files. Any links still out there or does anyone have a good bare bones rom floating around their hard drive?
Old 10-22-2010, 11:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic

supasanch24 is keeping up the good worksupasanch24 is keeping up the good work
Re: Old school wm 6.1 roms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeklo062704 View Post
Are there any good wm 6.1 roms with manila 2.0? I sold my tp2 to my roommate when I got my evo, and I left him with a baked 6.5/2.1 rom. He keeps complaining about it being laggy, and I already deleted all of my old roms, kitchens, and sys files. Any links still out there or does anyone have a good bare bones rom floating around their hard drive?
Black Out Rom is 6.1 with 2.5 manilla and is very snappy. It can be found in the CDMA Upgrades forum.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2

bean373 is keeping up the good workbean373 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeklo062704 View Post

Have you tried or consider overclocking using Oct 1.5?

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...-settings.html

I am currently using Energy's latest Cookie Classic "energy style" 21916 Oct 20th Rom. Runs great. Only problem I had so far is that when the data process(internet) is running the activesync icon shows up instead of the data icon and it overlaps the signal bars. Once you overclock, mine was set to 748.8Mhz(0 steps, 100 load max, 0 load min, 80 jump max, 3 jump min, 2000 interval), everything should run smooth. I tried the other overclocking tool but kept getting SOD(Screen Of Death) after a call.

Hope this helps solve the lag issue. There is very little support for 6.1 roms so I would suggest trying to stick with 6.5 or higher roms.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:11 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeklo062704
The shipped sprint 6.1 rom.
Old 10-22-2010, 04:35 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

yea the shipped 6.1 rom is pretty good ill have to say its the best. only because i cant get OzIM to work on any cooked roms otherwise id be on the sprint basics rom (stock rom with 21057 build and sense 2.1 rather than TF3D2.1).
Old 10-22-2010, 08:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: the one that slides open
Carrier: Douchebags

bobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuff

MAvericks mobile shell rom is a good alt, you'll just need to acquire a mobileshell license. My phone lasts me about 2 days with my tweaks I usually do.

Vindows Rom is also a good one, no need to overclock except for games like NFS. It does need tweaking for better battery life while in use. Disabling startup progs, adjusting update settings and the like. Open keyboard compatability.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-u...2019-core.html

It would probably be smarter to give him something that he could hard reset if it gets all wonky, might be a good idea to cook him a rom with the apps he likes.
Old 10-23-2010, 03:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: better beliEVO!
Threadstarter

meeklo062704 is keeping up the good workmeeklo062704 is keeping up the good work

I'll probably end up overclocking it. the overclocking started after I went evo, so I wasn't aware of that one. Back to 6.1 stock is probably the next best thing to do. I appreciate the help everyone. Fair warning, never sell a smartphone to a friend who isnt smart. It's a recipe for disaster and endless questions. You've been warned.
Old 10-23-2010, 03:20 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeklo062704
I'll probably end up overclocking it. the overclocking started after I went evo, so I wasn't aware of that one. Back to 6.1 stock is probably the next best thing to do. I appreciate the help everyone. Fair warning, never sell a smartphone to a friend who isnt smart. It's a recipe for disaster and endless questions. You've been warned.
LOL!
That is so true!
Good Luck!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2