PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2010, 06:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: sprint

chile62 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hard SPL unlocked?

Just received my daughter's birthday gift,
A refurbed HTC Touch Pro 2.
How can i tell if it is unlocked?
It says:
OS version 5.2..21889.5.0.87
Manila version 2.5.20121324.1
Rom version 2.04.651.4
Rom date 03/06/10
Radio version 2.32.00WF
Protocol version M76XXDSDCABPZM-6125
Hardware version 0004
PRL version 60669
PRI version 1.42_003
Browser version MSIE 6.0
ERI version 0

I would like to flash a custom Rom before she gets her gift.

Thanks
Old 10-21-2010, 06:55 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Re: Hard SPL unlocked?

looks stock to me. that isnt the latest prl. you may want to update that as well.
to really see if its unlocked or not put it in to bootloader. if spl is 1.0 olinex, it is unlocked. anything else is locked. i think locked says 0.72 for spl.
to get to bootloader, from the phone turned off, press and hold volume down then press and release power button. or you can use this file i have. it runs on your computer while the phone is synced.
bastards wont let me upload an .exe , so i had to rar it.
Attached Files
File Type: rar EnterBootloaderforsdflash.rar (4.3 KB, 32 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by austin420; 10-21-2010 at 07:02 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
looks stock to me. that isnt the latest prl. you may want to update that as well.
to really see if its unlocked or not put it in to bootloader. if spl is 1.0 olinex, it is unlocked. anything else is locked. i think locked says 0.72 for spl.
to get to bootloader, from the phone turned off, press and hold volume down then press and release power button. or you can use this file i have. it runs on your computer while the phone is synced.
bastards wont let me upload an .exe , so i had to rar it.

Yup it says SPL-0.72.00
I tried to unlock it, and i get a message that says that i have already
unlocked another device.?????????

Thanks.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:46 PM

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by chile62 View Post
Yup it says SPL-0.72.00
I tried to unlock it, and i get a message that says that i have already
unlocked another device.?????????

Thanks.
thats been a big problem for people lately. either find another computer youve never hspl'd from (some get this message even if theyve never unlocked), or pay them 6 bucks.
its a flawed system, but there isnt a lot of choice for us when it comes to unlocking.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

EGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on rep

If you're daring, try the attached
Attached Files
File Type: zip RUU.zip (1.74 MB, 43 views) Click for barcode!
Old 10-21-2010, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGOvoruhk View Post
If you're daring, try the attached
info? details? if this is just a dled version of the unlocker, it wont matter. there is a liscencing server that it connects to to identify your imei and your computers ip addy.
if this is mr x's supposed hspl, i doesnt work on security locked phones, so you still have to deal with cmonex and oli, who are pretty much non existent.

Last edited by austin420; 10-21-2010 at 09:23 PM.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

If you tried to unlock and it told you that you did already, you're going to either need to pay for it, or use their contact form and hope they get back to you. The IMEI is already flagged, so trying again from another computer isn't going to accomplish anything.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:00 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; SPH-D700 Build/ECLAIR) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Could be the case. I'm one of the fortunate ones who've unlocked about 5 tp2's and have only been given the prompt to pay once. I have paid twice though and once for a sim unlock. I feel its well worth it, even though it should be free for personal use!
Old 10-22-2010, 05:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
If you tried to unlock and it told you that you did already, you're going to either need to pay for it, or use their contact form and hope they get back to you. The IMEI is already flagged, so trying again from another computer isn't going to accomplish anything.
I had never unlocked any phone before. But I still got that message,
I paid the $6.00 and now the phone is unlocked. (well worth it to me)
Now my daughter will get a TP2 with a custom Rom for her B-day,
and we will both be happy!

Thank you all!

Ed
Old 10-22-2010, 07:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chile62 View Post
I had never unlocked any phone before. But I still got that message,
It could be that whomever had the phone previously tried to unlock it and failed. That would have flagged the device for any subsequent attempts at unlocking. Glad to hear you got it unlocked though.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2