PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2010, 04:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

spyadk is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
tp2 can not charge with energy rom

hi i recently purchased the tp2 and hardspl'ed my device. i was able to get energy rom installed but the phone will not charge with the ac wall charger. when i plug in the ac charger, the phone picks up a connection (connect to pc prompt) but does not charge (the charging led does not go on and the charge icon is not present at the title bar). i can only charge thru a usb connected to the pc. i flashed back go one of the sprint stock roms and was able to charge while plugging in the ac adapter. what could be the issue? i am using the htc mini-usb adapter, not the extusb charger. could this be the cause of the problem? could this be due to the difference in registry settings / drivers? maybe i need to use a different radio? ive searched for days and still cant find an answer. please advise thanks.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Sprint

tomc585 is becoming a great contributor
Re: tp2 can not charge with energy rom

try reloading the ROM or a different ROM
Old 10-12-2010, 04:58 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

spyadk is a n00b

ive tried that. ive loaded the energy rom multiple times and even tried it on the sharkie rom. seems that charging isnt working with custom roms - only stocks roms.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:09 PM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM
Carrier: Verizon

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyadk View Post
ive tried that. ive loaded the energy rom multiple times and even tried it on the sharkie rom. seems that charging isnt working with custom roms - only stocks roms.
Try putting it in storage card mode and see if you have the same experience. I have experienced this with activesync from time to time a well.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:20 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

spyadk is a n00b

thanks. i just tried that and it still doesnt work
Old 10-12-2010, 06:22 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

flash a new radio, that can have an effect on battery drivers.

Also, you gotta admit your thread title is pretty ironic.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:12 PM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM
Carrier: Verizon

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyadk View Post
thanks. i just tried that and it still doesnt work
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
flash a new radio, that can have an effect on battery drivers.

Also, you gotta admit your thread title is pretty ironic.
I know this sounds too basic, but have you tried a different cable / charger?
Old 10-13-2010, 02:04 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyadk
hi i recently purchased the tp2 and hardspl'ed my device. i was able to get energy rom installed but the phone will not charge with the ac wall charger. when i plug in the ac charger, the phone picks up a connection (connect to pc prompt) but does not charge (the charging led does not go on and the charge icon is not present at the title bar). i can only charge thru a usb connected to the pc. i flashed back go one of the sprint stock roms and was able to charge while plugging in the ac adapter. what could be the issue? i am using the htc mini-usb adapter, not the extusb charger. could this be the cause of the problem? could this be due to the difference in registry settings / drivers? maybe i need to use a different radio? ive searched for days and still cant find an answer. please advise thanks.
Run task29 or reflash the shipped 6.1 rom.
Then make sure you have the CDMA version of the Energy Rom you want to flash. Then put it in bootloader and flash it then hard reset.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:53 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

i have this happen andim on NRG also... its happened to me on tons of diff NRG Roms as well... i swear its the same issue as the sound going out with headphones in and phone ringing... well kind of..

ive never notied what i did to cause it, but try soft resetting while the charger is plugged in.... thats what usually fixes it for me
Old 10-14-2010, 12:13 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

spyadk is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Run task29 or reflash the shipped 6.1 rom.
Then make sure you have the CDMA version of the Energy Rom you want to flash. Then put it in bootloader and flash it then hard reset.
^ tried installing to 6.5 rom and then installing energy. still not charging.
also tried installing 6.1 rom and then installing energy. still not charging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
i have this happen andim on NRG also... its happened to me on tons of diff NRG Roms as well... i swear its the same issue as the sound going out with headphones in and phone ringing... well kind of..

ive never notied what i did to cause it, but try soft resetting while the charger is plugged in.... thats what usually fixes it for me
^ i tried this also with 3 chargers (two 1A, 500mA). still no go =\

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2