PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2010, 01:40 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Asurion tells me no more TP2 for you!

I had the infamous TP1 keyboard problem, for which 5 TP1's were sent as replacements. The 5th one was a change to a TP2 (which I didn't want but it was that or an HTC Touch) and that one eventually suffered from the liquid screen branding.

Now this TP2's keyboard is acting up and because it's still under manufacturer's warranty, I called in for a replacement as per their 1-year warranty/guaratee/blah. I want to say they made me hard reset the phone 3 times, take it to the store who also performed a hard reset, then call them back again for ANOTHER hard reset (I kinda faked this one)... I was eventually handed off to a supervisor, who was clearly having a bad day, and he told me that no more shipments will be made because I had too many phones sent to me.

Maybe if the TP didn't suck and your warranty was well, non-existent

I asked for his understanding of the policies in place by Asurion as to how they partain to my situation, he explained what I expected to hear in a snobby tone, and continued to insist that it was "too many" shipments (the last two have taken place over 12 months).

Has anyone had a similar situation caused by the problem-plagued Touch Pro? The BBB claim has already been filed, and the number they have on file with the BBB rings for 30 seconds then hangs up lol
Old 10-11-2010, 05:29 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Asurion tells me no more TP2 for you!

if your keyboard is really having issues and you can replicate it, why are you going through Asurion?

First, Asurion is for Physical or Water Damage and Lost/Stolen-thats it... your phone is neither

second, Asurion is going to charge you $100 deductable.. whereas, sprint store replaces for free for keyboard issues(if u can replicate)

Lastly, your only allowed 3 replacements via Asurion in a rolling 12month period.. after the 3rd, your insurance policy is terminated and its 6months or a year i believe before you can have it back.. Sprint Stores/3rdparty retailers allow for unlimited instore Advanced Exchanges..

even if this is your 3rd exchange,Asurion should still replace you, but advise you that youve reached your lmit and ask if you still wanna move forward with the claim..

have you tried your claim via PhoneClaim.com?? the website will advise you if its yor 3rd claim and warn you first... this is thebest way to check if indeed youve reached your 3rd claim....

if its just a keyboard and it doesnt look like youve dropped the device, because you have TEP-Sprint store should be handling this for you free of charge..
Old 10-11-2010, 10:14 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

i think hes saying because assurion offers a one year warranty on their hardware, they should give him one without a deductible.

Old 10-11-2010, 12:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yes, I'm familiar with how the claim process works with the limits on annual claims and deductables. I just happened to call in about the keyboard problem and they said not to worry because they take over HTC's one year warranty. The next few TP1's suffered from the same problems so they issued replacements.

This TP2 is from May of this year, never been dropped, and absolutely no signs of physical/water/etc damage. Hell, I even replace the screen protector every 2 months just to make sure it remains "like new." I use the keyboard a lot and it seems that the ribbon cable gets worn out or damaged over as a result, and instead of dealing with the authorized Sprint store near me (horrible service and wait times), I opted to take it up with Asurion as the guarantor of the manufacturer's warranty.

It looks like they think that I'm abusing the system because so many TP1's were sent out, when in fact they were just horribly unreliable. It was suggested to me that I use the keyboard less and maybe it wouldn't go bad so quickly. Yeah, maybe I'd still have a working TP1 if I let it sit my drawer too.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:42 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

lmao, use the keyboard less?? whats the point of having a device with akeyboard then lol..

read them this.. its the memo Sprint put out calling the TP1 the worst phone in history... then ask them to try to give you a reason you wen through so many TP1s..
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...-2-25f1xzq.jpg

lets quote it even: from 10/8/09 "The HTC Touch Pro hashe highest service level of any phone-more than double that of any other Sprint smart device- and is driving the majority of multiple exchanges and service related escalations"..

tell asurion thats why you went through so many tp1s LOL...

you do realize your a victim of yourself here though right?? by going through Asurion for manufactuer warranty things(things Sprint does as well).. you accumulated a high number of exchanges-something Asurion cares about..

if you just wouldve went to Sprint, like your suppose to since im sure most of your devices werent exchaged or water,damage,lost or stolen, you wouldnt be having this issue right now..

moral of the story: Sprint could care less how many xchanges you do, Asurion does!

you used the TEP process improperly, so its not really Asurions fault your in this situation, its Your own! yes the TP1 was uber faulty, but you shouldve been returning them to Sprint NOT Asurion(regardless of instore wait times) - you thought ou found a shortcut and now its caught up to you..

sorry it sucks, but thats the reality of your situation..

now, i rccomend going to a Sprint Store, a 3rd party retailer... or even calling Asurion again(if u insist on trying them) and see if u get abetter, more accomodating Rep on the phone... also, try Asurion via the web.. if your not at the 3 n 12months rule-it WILL go though

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 10-11-2010 at 12:50 PM.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Yes, I did in fact cite that exact screenshot lol

I hate going to the Sprint repair store near me (all local stores funnel to this one) because the waits are ridiculously long even with an appointment, every day it's a new employee, they refuse to touch SERO accounts, not to mention that the main tech blames every single problem on the battery. The troubleshooing quickly turns into a sales pitch for a new battery.

The times I've went there with my Treos/PPC6700, it was always a "yeah we can order a phone, takes 3-5 days we'll call ya." Asurion is a 1-2 day service with absolutely no downtime, I paid for the claim, and no need to wait an hour while 3 techs hang out in the back, 5 sales people are roaming the floor joking around, and a dozen people are waiting for service and looking like they're about to murder each other. I also like how they sometimes open the store 45mins late :/

And I think you misread my first post... I only paid for the first claim (maybe 2? It's been a while) and the rest have been warranty replacements because the TP would give out in a couple of months. I techinically didn't file any claims in the last year, I've just had either bad luck or just a very abusive relationship with my phones.

I'll follow up with their BBB contact instead of calling back. The last supervisor defnitely wrote a 5 paragraph essay in my account, and I doubt it very filled entirely with nice words (I may have made him backtrack and look a little dumb)
Old 10-11-2010, 03:28 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

its no about whether u paid or not, its the fact you keep using asurion when u dont need to..

so now asurion is telling you, youve had too many exchanges-free or otherwise, it doesnt matter to them.. a claim is a claim whether its paid or free..

idk, theres several other options besides "calling" asurion.. you dont seem to be willing to take any of them though, so i dont know what you want from US at this point
Old 10-11-2010, 03:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

I'm trying to see if anyone experienced a similar issue due to the TP1 hardware problems. And I'm not sure what other recourse you're referring to... advanced exchange didn't go through for me, calling in about the problems had me routed to the same Sprint store, and Asurion was the most economical solution when you have a job and better things to do than hang out at Sprint
Old 10-11-2010, 04:40 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

well if you want another tp2 I think you're gonna have to visit the store

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2