PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2010, 04:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Fido

evoodoo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wanted: Insight on my TP2 problems

I've been having some issues with my TP2 Verizon - Using Fido GSM for the last while and can't figure things out. I thought the phone-gods here might be able to help.

I don't know if these issues are related, but here they are:

1 - Horrible battery life. I think since flashing radios. The phone will die within 8 hours, even if not being used. No background applications running. I've tried flashing different radios, and it hasn't helped yet. I read somewhere that you need to let your phone battery wear out and recharge, but that doesn't help - see problem 2.

2 - If I let the battery die out, I can't recharge it. I'll plug it in, but the led won't go on. I've left it overnight, but the phone won't charge. Luckily, my wife has a TP2, so we switch batteries, then my phone works, and her phone will charge the dead battery. Therefore, I can't allow the battery to fully drain following rom or radio flashing.

3 - If I enter bootloader mode by holding the vol down and power button, it won't let me flash the rom or radio. It loads to bootloader, but it doesn't show the rom/radio to be flashed, and doesn't respond to me pushing the power button. Hence all my flashing was to be done through windows. This is new!

So like I said, not sure if these issues are connected. I'm currently on the 2nd latest energy rom, and the oldest radio. I've used nearly every radio, nothing provides good battery life. I've also got xdandroid installed, but it doesn't load anymore. In the past, I dropped the phone and damaged the screen. I've replaced it myself, and the phone was functional for 2 months without issues. So these problems are new, and I doubt they are related to the bad drop.

Thanks, any help is appreciated.
Old 10-10-2010, 04:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Wanted: Insight on my TP2 problems

Has the phone suffered any water damage? Are you able to quickly open the phone and look for corrosion? The indicator strip on the outside is semi-useless IMO.
Old 10-10-2010, 05:13 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

evoodoo is a n00b

No overt water damage, but I have used my phone in the rain.
I can open it and look for corrosion.
An idea of where I should be looking for damage would be helpful, as well as, suggestions on how to deal with it.
E
Old 10-10-2010, 06:12 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

It may be a combonation of a bad battery and buggy rom.
Flash the shipped 6.1 rom and see if you still have your issues. Then if you want to, flash back to a custom rom.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:44 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

evoodoo is a n00b

The bad battery is regardless of my battery or my wife's tp2 battery.
So I doubt the battery is contributing.

I will be sure to try the other roms.
Could the roms be contributing to the reason why the rom loader doesn't recognize new roms for flashing? Could the roms explain the phone not charging when fully drained? And what do I do next if battery life still sucks?

Thanks for all the help btw
Old 10-11-2010, 12:17 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evoodoo
The bad battery is regardless of my battery or my wife's tp2 battery.
So I doubt the battery is contributing.

I will be sure to try the other roms.
Could the roms be contributing to the reason why the rom loader doesn't recognize new roms for flashing? Could the roms explain the phone not charging when fully drained? And what do I do next if battery life still sucks?

Thanks for all the help btw
Yes, something could be corrupted on your device within the rom. You could run task29 and flash another custom rom but if you started having problems after flashing a radio then flashing a custom rom normally won't touch the radio. That's why I suggest flashing the shipped rom which will clear out what is there plus flash the rom and radio. Good Luck to you!

Last edited by horndoctor; 10-11-2010 at 12:19 AM.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:23 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Also, if flashing the shipped rom does not help then you probably have a hardware problem which means you'll have to get a replacement.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:03 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

evoodoo is a n00b

Thanks for all the help. I'll be sure to test it out and let you know how it goes tomorrow.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:13 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by evoodoo View Post
3 - If I enter bootloader mode by holding the vol down and power button, it won't let me flash the rom or radio. It loads to bootloader, but it doesn't show the rom/radio to be flashed, and doesn't respond to me pushing the power button. Hence all my flashing was to be done through windows. This is new!

Thanks, any help is appreciated.
are you trying to flash the Rom via SD Card?? if so, it is a 2GB card or less right?? you cant flash rom SD on a card bgger than 2Gigs, so that couldbe why you dont see it..

and NRG Roms are kind of known for poor-er battery life,8hrs sounds about right with moderate usuage, so hopefully its just the Rom for ya

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2