PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2010, 09:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 CDMA/GSM
Carrier: Sprint

geotravelcat is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Overdrive Media Console

I think this has been visited a few times but it seems that there have not been any real leads on how to fix this. I am an audiobook listener but can never seem to get the Overdrive Media Console to work on my TP2. From what I've heard it is related to the 6.5.x Windows mobile version but it will play from all the stock versions I have. Another thing I heard is the Lockstream DRM needs to be added, which I did and it still doesn't help. If anyone has fixed this please please please let help me out. Thanks

Thank those who've helped! My Thanks to the Genius of the Master Chefs in this kitchen & their hard work. Please remember to Thank the Kitchen staff when we can!
Old 10-09-2010, 06:54 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Overdrive Media Console

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotravelcat View Post
I think this has been visited a few times but it seems that there have not been any real leads on how to fix this. I am an audiobook listener but can never seem to get the Overdrive Media Console to work on my TP2. From what I've heard it is related to the 6.5.x Windows mobile version but it will play from all the stock versions I have. Another thing I heard is the Lockstream DRM needs to be added, which I did and it still doesn't help. If anyone has fixed this please please please let help me out. Thanks
so your saying you HAVE gotten this to work several times, but only on stock roms?? BOTH 6.1 AND 6.5?? just not 6.5.X??

just trying to get an understanding.....
Old 10-28-2010, 12:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Yes that is right. I have configured, reconfigured, and re-re-configured the DRMs and I still can't get it to work on 6.5.x. The way overdrive works is off the Windows Media Player DRM. If you download the book to your PC it needs the security update to work correctly. Once you have that taken care of it works fine and then you, in theory, should be able to just xfer to your winmo device and play from the mobile version of Overdrive Media Player. I have DRMd music that plays just fine on my 6.5.x ROM but no go on the books. (Sorry, I have been out of town)
Old 11-04-2010, 10:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Has anyone found a TP2 ROM with working DRM? Anyone have any leads at all, Please?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
overdrive media