PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2010, 04:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

I have a slingbox solo thats hooked up fine and ive had it since about March or so. Ive been noticing lately itll hold a connection for say 5 mins and then say the internet connection was lost. It does that periodically when im trying to watch. Is anybody else having issues with slingbox on the tp2? its not my internet because my laptop and ps3 are connected just fine.

is there a way to reset the slingbox? would that have any effect?
Old 10-08-2010, 05:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

CoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Slingbox Help

Sorry, slingbox works fine on my TP2. Which version of the SB software are you using?
Old 10-08-2010, 07:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

WitnessX is just getting started

Works fine with mine, and I've got the much older version of the Slingbox. I'd say try watching with a laptop on WiFi, and see if you get disconnected like you do with your phone. Also, try watching using WiFi on your TP2. Next try using your laptop somewhere to remotely connect. This will isolate the problem more specifically.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-09-2010, 03:12 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryNat View Post
Sorry, slingbox works fine on my TP2. Which version of the SB software are you using?
using 2.0 and im using my wifi connection on my tp2 now and so far one disconnect and like 10 mins strong seems like a stronger connection here thanks witness
Old 10-12-2010, 06:02 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

i upgraded my software on my laptop and im noticing i get disconnected about after 5 or 10 mins of viewing on my phone or laptop now. anybody know what gives? should i try a new router?

is it a issue with slings servers or something? ive never had a issue before until a few months ago. Can port forwarding fix this? never done that before but i heard it works better with port forwarding
Old 10-12-2010, 06:13 PM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Laos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Laos101

I had my slingbox lose connection completely, and i get it back after plugging it back in and resyncing it to the slingbox site. All good now! Try that!
Old 10-12-2010, 09:51 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laos101
I had my slingbox lose connection completely, and i get it back after plugging it back in and resyncing it to the slingbox site. All good now! Try that!
what are u unplugging and how do you resync it?
Old 10-13-2010, 12:36 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

just to give a update i jus swapped out my modem and now im not having the disconnect issues anymore or at least so it seems ill test it out throughout the day to test it better
Old 10-13-2010, 03:15 PM
Lurker

cmo23 is a n00b

i had the same problem on my tp2 and computer until 2 wks ago when I was prompted by Slingbox to do a firmware upgrade (i was streaming via computer at the time). since then- no disconnect problems.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2