PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2010, 06:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Captivate (GSM)
Carrier: AT&T

Miami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Strange battery reporting

Lately I've noticed some odd battery draining. Thought something I installed (overclocker, 3D drivers?) might have something to do with it, but after seeing my Notification screen I have to wonder. Why would the battery icon in the Taskbar report one thing, but the Notification screen report something completely different? The difference is sometimes as much as 10%. What gives?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Battery.jpg (3.2 KB, 10 views) Click for barcode!
Old 10-06-2010, 06:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™
Carrier: Sprint

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Strange battery reporting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami_Son View Post
Lately I've noticed some odd battery draining. Thought something I installed (overclocker, 3D drivers?) might have something to do with it, but after seeing my Notification screen I have to wonder. Why would the battery icon in the Taskbar report one thing, but the Notification screen report something completely different? The difference is sometimes as much as 10%. What gives?
that is weird. i would assume you got the 1% cab installed right? any nuepower cabs or anything?

Phone:
Sprint EVO 3D Rom:Kaos Hybrid 4.20 V8 Radio: 0.97 Storage Card: Micro 32GB SDHC

Old 10-06-2010, 07:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Miami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos View Post
that is weird. i would assume you got the 1% cab installed right? any nuepower cabs or anything?
Nothing related to the battery other than Chainfire's cab. I'm pretty sure it wasn't doing this a week ago.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami_Son View Post
Nothing related to the battery other than Chainfire's cab. I'm pretty sure it wasn't doing this a week ago.
i hate to say it but you may wanna hard reset or flash again. something sounds wacked out. im oc as well as chainfire cab. ive never seen it do that before. been doing 1% since it was made. lol look at it as a good excuse to upgrade rom.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:35 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

The 1% driver has always been inaccurate but that is weird you are getting different readings.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

The 1% driver has always been inaccurate but that is weird you are getting different readings.
Yeah, I've seen it be off 2-3% before, but now it is more like 9-10% and that is what is unusual. I'm guessing that the taskbar icon reads the value from a different place than the notification screen, but that doesn't really make sense. About the same time this started happening I also noticed unusual battery drain issues, as well. May or may not be related.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2