PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2010, 06:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

AJzer is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TP2 Tethering via Bluetooth PAN or USB on MacOS

So I had perfect bluetooth PAN tethering with my Sprint SERO TP2 set up on my MacBook, and then it just stopped working.

At this point, MacOS pairs fine with the TP2, internet sharing from the Mac side is all checked, yet in the network settings the Bluetooth PAN network reads "No PAN Devices Found".

When initiating internet sharing connection from the TP2, my MacBook pops up, but I get "Failed to establish Internet Sharing connection to remote device as it supports only Network Access Point (NAP) mode" when I select it.

Using USB, from the Mac side, my windows mobile device in the network settings says "Windows Mobile device has a self-assigned IP address and will not be able to connect to the Internet."

Initiating internet sharing connection from the TP2 using USB, I get "Check USB connection".

So what's the deal here? Is there something against my plan to use tethering? Odd since it worked fine about a month ago.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:21 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme
Re: TP2 Tethering via Bluetooth PAN or USB on MacOS

i know my 2009 mbp wont take a internet connection via usb cause you cant install the drivers for it, wifi and bluetooth work just fine

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10
Old 10-05-2010, 11:46 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

I get the "check usb connection" too so I just use bt whenever I tether which is rare. but what u need to do (assuming u haven't already tried this) is remove the partnerships from both the TP2 and the mac and then repair them. u must also make sure that both the devices are set to be discoverable.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:44 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

AJzer is a n00b

When you say "repair" them, is there something special I need to do? Or do you literally mean re-pair? I think I've tried to do this by deleting the pairing on the Mac side only. I'll see if I can mess with it and report, but I'm doubtful this is enough.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:44 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

i meant re-pair, u also may need to redo the tethering hack
Old 10-06-2010, 03:07 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

AJzer is a n00b

No dice. With perfect pairing, I'm still getting "No PAN Device Detected" from my Mac, and the Mac "only supports Network Access Point (NAP) mode" from my HTC. Bullshit.

I don't have the tethering hack, didn't need it before. Did sprint do something that now requires I hack my device to tether? Why do they even have a stock "Internet Sharing" application if I have to hack it?

Also, where is this hack?
Old 10-06-2010, 03:34 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJzer
No dice. With perfect pairing, I'm still getting "No PAN Device Detected" from my Mac, and the Mac "only supports Network Access Point (NAP) mode" from my HTC. Bullshit.

I don't have the tethering hack, didn't need it before. Did sprint do something that now requires I hack my device to tether? Why do they even have a stock "Internet Sharing" application if I have to hack it?

Also, where is this hack?
There are stealth tethering cabs available for USB tethering so you can tether without paying for the Phone As Modem service that you would normally have to add to your monthly plan.
Can you use a WIFI Router app like HTC WIFI Router to tether?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2