PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2010, 07:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

pvillegeek is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
screen turning on for no reason

Hi,

I noticed this problem last week. I was in an area with very poor coverage, and my screen kept turning on for no reason. Is there any way to prevent this?

My hunch is that for some reason the screen gets turned on when the phone switches cell towers, or possible when it loses or regains a signal. Either way it was very annoying, and killed my battery in about 4 hours.

other info:
Sprint TP2
EnergyROM from Sept 4th
Old 10-02-2010, 08:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™
Carrier: Sprint

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: screen turning on for no reason

mine does it when apps connect for data. check your update intervals for weather and such. cause when i force my data off it doesn't do it.but when i leave data on i get these conditions.

Phone:
Sprint EVO 3D Rom:Kaos Hybrid 4.20 V8 Radio: 0.97 Storage Card: Micro 32GB SDHC

Old 10-03-2010, 11:34 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

you said what the problem was.. you were in a poor service area.. thats exactly why it was happening.. and No, theres no way to stop it..

technically you could force roam while in poor areas then you wouldnt have the issue.. thats about the only solution that comes to mind
Old 10-03-2010, 02:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

pvillegeek is just getting started

Thank you for the replies. I did some searching before I posted the question, but couldn't find a solution. Then I realized all the posts were a couple years old, so figured it was worth asking again.

Guess I'll just have to find a good lock screen program.
Old 10-03-2010, 02:52 PM
VIP Member

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvillegeek View Post
Thank you for the replies. I did some searching before I posted the question, but couldn't find a solution. Then I realized all the posts were a couple years old, so figured it was worth asking again.

Guess I'll just have to find a good lock screen program.
that shouldnt be a issue. there are loads of them. i personally use chts built in lock. but smart lock . s2u2 there are too many to name. try google. im sure you will find one that catches your eye. just remember if you chose to set a pw. don't do it drunk. you may forget it. lol
Old 10-03-2010, 02:54 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

doesn't matter if the screen is locked or not it will still do it. try putting it into airplane mode before entering such areas.
Old 10-03-2010, 02:58 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
doesn't matter if the screen is locked or not it will still do it. try putting it into airplane mode before entering such areas.
+1 ya will still turn on. only thing it will solve is pocket dialing. lol oh we all hate pocket dialing.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

SpeedRacerPPC is a n00b

There should be a setting for this under ring options, but is seems to be the only one that is missing? Why would I want my phone to power on the screen every time the signal is gained after a loss?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
battery drain, rhodium, screen on, sprint, tp2