PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   screen turning on for no reason (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=134773)

pvillegeek 10-02-2010 07:19 PM

screen turning on for no reason

Hi,

I noticed this problem last week. I was in an area with very poor coverage, and my screen kept turning on for no reason. Is there any way to prevent this?

My hunch is that for some reason the screen gets turned on when the phone switches cell towers, or possible when it loses or regains a signal. Either way it was very annoying, and killed my battery in about 4 hours.

other info:
Sprint TP2
EnergyROM from Sept 4th

kaos 10-02-2010 08:03 PM

Re: screen turning on for no reason

mine does it when apps connect for data. check your update intervals for weather and such. cause when i force my data off it doesn't do it.but when i leave data on i get these conditions.

boredandtattooed 10-03-2010 11:34 AM

you said what the problem was.. you were in a poor service area.. thats exactly why it was happening.. and No, theres no way to stop it..

technically you could force roam while in poor areas then you wouldnt have the issue.. thats about the only solution that comes to mind

pvillegeek 10-03-2010 02:00 PM

Thank you for the replies. I did some searching before I posted the question, but couldn't find a solution. Then I realized all the posts were a couple years old, so figured it was worth asking again.

Guess I'll just have to find a good lock screen program.

kaos 10-03-2010 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pvillegeek (Post 1964358)
Thank you for the replies. I did some searching before I posted the question, but couldn't find a solution. Then I realized all the posts were a couple years old, so figured it was worth asking again.

Guess I'll just have to find a good lock screen program.

that shouldnt be a issue. there are loads of them. i personally use chts built in lock. but smart lock . s2u2 there are too many to name. try google. im sure you will find one that catches your eye. just remember if you chose to set a pw. don't do it drunk. you may forget it. lol

eric12341 10-03-2010 02:54 PM

doesn't matter if the screen is locked or not it will still do it. try putting it into airplane mode before entering such areas.

kaos 10-03-2010 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 1964397)
doesn't matter if the screen is locked or not it will still do it. try putting it into airplane mode before entering such areas.

+1 ya will still turn on. only thing it will solve is pocket dialing. lol oh we all hate pocket dialing.

SpeedRacerPPC 10-04-2010 12:55 PM

There should be a setting for this under ring options, but is seems to be the only one that is missing? Why would I want my phone to power on the screen every time the signal is gained after a loss?