PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2010, 02:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

uscjunkie is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question about the Weather Tab

My city on the weather tab and home tab for that matter say Washington. Problem is I live in Missouri. It only does this when I am at home. When I go to work it shows the correct city. I go to the menu and try to remove city and nothing is listed so it is using whatever the phone uses to figure out what city I am in. Anyone know why it does this? What could be making it show Washington?
Old 10-02-2010, 02:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Question about the Weather Tab

at home are you on a airave? also you can add citys the database by using a editor. if your on a airave at home nothing you can do about it except update via wifi. what i did was make my city a second selection on weather tab. then on main press clock and select or add your citys time zone as main. so its the displayed weather bypassing the location weather on main screen.

here is a link to the editor on xda.
Manila 2.1 and 2.5 JVH3 Weather City Editor - Version 3.5 | updated 3/15/2010 - xda-developers

Phone:
Sprint EVO 3D Rom:Kaos Hybrid 4.20 V8 Radio: 0.97 Storage Card: Micro 32GB SDHC

Old 10-02-2010, 03:25 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

perhaps washington could be the name of the township u live in. sometimes it updates according to the township rather than actual city. in my case before i got fired whenever i would goto work in a town named gurnee the weather would sometimes show my location as warren because i was also in the warren township
Old 10-02-2010, 05:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

zachin2036 is becoming a great contributor

Not trying to threadjack, but I've had kind of a similar issue. Since we got our TP2s in December, they've reported our real current city (Thousand Oaks, California) everywhere the My Location was used. But then a couple months ago, it just started saying "California" (we are in CA, so I guess that's technically right). But anywhere else we go, the normal city and state appear.

Just odd that all of the sudden, our own apartment is just California.

Anyway, I suspect it's related to OP's issue, but I don't know how. Maybe we both need to update our PRL?
Old 10-02-2010, 08:15 PM
VIP Member

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep

its the tp2. nature of the beast. lol my location doesnt even update off the new 3g airave. lol i gotta do it via wifi at my house.
Old 10-02-2010, 10:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVo

subprime is keeping up the good worksubprime is keeping up the good work

+1 on the airave. Mine has never been accurate. Always shows a city about 30 miles away.
Old 10-03-2010, 11:15 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by subprime View Post
+1 on the airave. Mine has never been accurate. Always shows a city about 30 miles away.
ya the old one at least updates. the new 3g they just came out with zipcode location isnt turned on. so location just pin wheels will never update till sprint enables it. im talking this one.

the old one i had at least updated to the state i lived in lol. this one.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

zachin2036 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos View Post

Did Sprint put out swamp cooler air conditioners?!
Old 10-05-2010, 12:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Threadstarter

uscjunkie is just getting started

I am not on an airave but maybe one of my neighbors has one or something. Weird!
Old 10-05-2010, 12:30 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjunkie View Post
My city on the weather tab and home tab for that matter say Washington. Problem is I live in Missouri. It only does this when I am at home. When I go to work it shows the correct city. I go to the menu and try to remove city and nothing is listed so it is using whatever the phone uses to figure out what city I am in. Anyone know why it does this? What could be making it show Washington?
quick gps updated?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2