PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2010, 11:56 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: ?????????
Carrier: Boostmobile/Sprint

tspass is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Tp2 on Boost keeps Rebooting $50 reward for help.

Hello everyone My tp2 on Boost keeps rebooting itself....I have tried everything posted and it still reboots.. Thats why I'm offering a $50 reward for anyone that can help me get the phone running normal again...Please Help.. My email ia tspass@hotmail.com or just reply to the post..Thanks...
Old 09-29-2010, 12:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO3D + Vogue
Carrier: Sprint

leylomo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleylomo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleylomo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Tp2 on Boost keeps Rebooting $50 reward for help.

you're going to have to provide more details for anyone to be able to help you
Old 09-29-2010, 12:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vinterceptâ„¢
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday

Please stop reposting....
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/1960086-post19.html

Last edited by one80oneday; 09-29-2010 at 02:10 PM.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:51 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

tspass is a n00b

Ok...Here it goes I have a tp2 on Boostmobile I had it unlocked I was running MightyRom with no issues until two days ago when I charged the phone via usb. I woke up turned the phone on and it went to boot but only to freeze at the windows screen and reboot. First thing I thought was maybe the battery is dead so I charge the phone via ac. The led turned green meaning battery full. I then pressed the power button same thing happened Reboot at windows screen. I tryed a energy rom everything went ok or aleast I thought so but when it tryed to boot the same thing happened restart at windows screen..I aslo did a stock rom and reset but the same thing happened...Does this info help....sorry for the multi post...
Old 09-29-2010, 12:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

pringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to pringlet

Are you doing a hard reset immediately after flashing a new ROM?

If not, put your device in bootloader mode, flash a new ROM and then immediately (BEFORE it starts the first time) do a hard reset.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:02 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

tspass is a n00b

Ok will try..
Old 09-29-2010, 03:41 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pringlet

If not, put your device in bootloader mode, flash a new ROM and then immediately (BEFORE it starts the first time) do a hard reset.
OP try this suggestion with the original shipped rom from your carrier.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:08 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

have you tried booting without the microSD card in? (or sim card for that matter too)

one of the last things you could try would be leaving the battery out of the phone overnight.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by pringlet View Post

In my experience, the do a hard reset after a flash is not needed. A better way would be to flash a shipped ROM (one with a radio, though I don't know what it would do to your Boost settings) or use Task29.exe to wipe the space before flashing a new ROM.

If by "restart at windows screen", you mean that you soft reset your device and it turns into a hard reset, then either of the above will probably fix it for you. You can read more about task29 and mmty by searching and find ideas as to why this issue happens when flashing multiple custom ROMs without flashing a shipped ROM or using Task29.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Try a new battery. I'm sure you can borrow one from one of your TP2 or Evo friends

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2