PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2010, 11:11 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Ice Cold is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up Forum a noob needs your help.

A few simple things to get my feet wet. Right now I have a stock TP2 Sprint locked since its stock.

#1. I want to be able to tether.
#2. Faster 3D or overclocked CPU.

And since it runs off your Micro SD card do I need to "unlock" my TP2 before running the Android build??
Old 09-27-2010, 12:02 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme
Re: Forum a noob needs your help.

#1: Unlock it and flash a custom rom, its just the right thing to do!!!! lol
#2: Get the cab, install it to your sd card and enjoy

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10
Old 09-27-2010, 02:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

Ice Cold is a n00b

how do I unlock it ?
Old 09-27-2010, 03:31 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

by clicking here and yea flashing a different rom is the best thing to do because that stock 6.5 is terrible! ill suggest this rom
Old 09-27-2010, 03:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

You don't need to install a custom ROM if you don't want to. To actually answer your post:

1 - Search for a sprint tether cab. It's just a few registry edit you need to make it 'safe'. I do not know them off of the top of my head. If you want to use your phone as a wireless hotspot (which is tether 'safe'), you can use the cab HERE.

2 - Two overclock applications to choose from HERE. I am trying OCTool now, and it's simple enough.

3- Unlock/flash a custom ROM. Read the stickies in the TP2 CDMA upgrade section.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

6.5 is great for me, no complaints! If u like a fast stable ROM to start PM me & I can upload MightyROM to my file sharing site for u or u can go give EnergyROM a try. He has several different versions of 6.5 and 6.5.X to accomodate just about anyone. If u dont like Energy, VIN makes an awesome ROM & Medium Hill is a great ROM also.
Old 09-27-2010, 04:06 PM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoiDame View Post
6.5 is great for me, no complaints! If u like a fast stable ROM to start PM me & I can upload MightyROM to my file sharing site for u or u can go give EnergyROM a try. He has several different versions of 6.5 and 6.5.X to accomodate just about anyone. If u dont like Energy, VIN makes an awesome ROM & Medium Hill is a great ROM also.
Ja so anything but the 6.1 rom I put up right? 6.5 is just too ram intensive, I may give it another chance one day as soon as the memory issues are resolved.
Old 09-27-2010, 04:45 PM
VIP Member

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
Ja so anything but the 6.1 rom I put up right? 6.5 is just too ram intensive, I may give it another chance one day as soon as the memory issues are resolved.
Get rid of the start menu! Use QMenu, frees up another 30-40MB of RAM. NRG cooks that into his ROMs and now Windows has enough RAM to manage & no RAM issues anymore!! Also adjusting the pagepool is another way of freeing up RAM. Too many ways to free up the RAM for me to complain about 6.5 or 6.5.X... With sense 2018 out, I think u should give it another try! Ya might like it this time.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:06 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoiDame View Post
Get rid of the start menu! Use QMenu, frees up another 30-40MB of RAM. NRG cooks that into his ROMs and now Windows has enough RAM to manage & no RAM issues anymore!! Also adjusting the pagepool is another way of freeing up RAM. Too many ways to free up the RAM for me to complain about 6.5 or 6.5.X... With sense 2018 out, I think u should give it another try! Ya might like it this time.
and what about the sms hanging issues and the SODs? I could have a million texts saved in 6.1 and never see this issue. and why would one want to strip 6.5 of what mainly makes it 6.5? might as well just use 6.1. in the 6.1 rom I'm using thats already done. 6.5 doesn't have anything that 6.1 doesn't feature-wise that would make me want to flash it.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:51 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
and what about the sms hanging issues and the SODs? I could have a million texts saved in 6.1 and never see this issue. and why would one want to strip 6.5 of what mainly makes it 6.5? might as well just use 6.1. in the 6.1 rom I'm using thats already done. 6.5 doesn't have anything that 6.1 doesn't feature-wise that would make me want to flash it.
Well with 6.5 & 6.5.X u will have to empty ur texts regularly. Some people found the ROM that works for them. Those SODs and hanging really depend on how well that certain ROM works on ur phone. I had those issues before and Energy was the only one that worked for me. But for others they got crazy SODs on Energy but found other ROMs to get rid of thatproblem.

I see where ur coming from tho because 6.1 is so F'n stable & fast... Im only on 6.5.X for eye candy & Energy made one hell of a stable & fast ROM. Thats my ONLY reason to be honest.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2