PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2010, 04:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

slicksave is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 - Calling By Itself, HELP!

So my TP2 has been calling the last dialed number on its' own for months now, it had first occurred after installing Cookie's Home Tab v.1.8.5. I had to hard reset my phone a couple of minutes after CHT was installed (don't remember why) but it has been doing this for awhile now. I'm quite sure it's not MightyROM SE because that's what a lot of the people on this site use for this phone. I had done a Task 29 and reflashed to the stock Sprint rom but it had continued to call the last dialed number by itself. It stopped for maybe a week on stock Sprint and then continued again.

Since then I've flashed back to MightyROM SE (I figured if I'm going to have a messed up phone, at least I'll have a better ROM on it), things were going good but have once again gone downhill and it starts to continue to call people. I'm guessing it's got something to do with the green call button because it's automatically calling and activating speaker phone. The only way to stop it from calling the person is if the person picks up and hangs up (then it continues to do so a couple of minutes later) or I pull the battery for a day then it might be fine for about a week. Anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this or should I be looking at getting a new phone??

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-27-2010, 04:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

spectheintro is keeping up the good workspectheintro is keeping up the good work
Re: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 - Calling By Itself, HELP!

Flash it to stock, take it to a Sprint ASC, and get a replacement. Unless you bought the TP2 the day it came out, it's still under warranty.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Flash another rom to compare before returning,
because that is more headache as you gotta put back to stock and re-lock,
or they will know you flashed and maybe void any upgrade.

It sounds like a software issue, did you use a backup program to restore settings?
If so, only restore the phone nimbers next time, nothing else, and try.

There are so many new roms out with newer updated files than what you tried on both those roms,
that I dunno why you don't try them instead.

Last edited by Maxx134; 09-27-2010 at 06:52 AM.
Old 09-27-2010, 08:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

delfin2003 is keeping up the good workdelfin2003 is keeping up the good workdelfin2003 is keeping up the good work

damn dude...that's some paranormal activity you got there...
Old 09-27-2010, 12:31 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectheintro View Post
Flash it to stock, take it to a Sprint ASC, and get a replacement. Unless you bought the TP2 the day it came out, it's still under warranty.
I thought about it, but I don't know how I can "activate" the automatic phone calling, it just randomly does it so they might think it's a temporary thing when I try to bring it in. I'm thinking they might not think it's a hardware defect if the phone isn't trying to call out every second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
Flash another rom to compare before returning,
because that is more headache as you gotta put back to stock and re-lock,
or they will know you flashed and maybe void any upgrade.

It sounds like a software issue, did you use a backup program to restore settings?
If so, only restore the phone nimbers next time, nothing else, and try.

There are so many new roms out with newer updated files than what you tried on both those roms,
that I dunno why you don't try them instead.
I'm willing to flash a new rom with newer files if it will fix this problem, any suggestions? I didn't backup anything on the phone except for my contacts so I don't have any of my old "working" settings but I did do multiple hard resets, soft resets and the reflashing, relocking, and reverting back to the sprint stock rom then reverting back to mightyrom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delfin2003 View Post
damn dude...that's some paranormal activity you got there...
hah, no kidding!
Old 09-27-2010, 03:46 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

try flashing the stock sprint 6.1 rom.
Old 09-27-2010, 04:49 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

barfly is becoming a great contributor

I have this happen on mine too running MR SE. However, I KNOW my issue is related somehow when I use hardwire headphones. After about 30 minutes of use, the music (through Scilor's grooveshark app) will stop playing and last number dialed will start. I've soft reset and tried again and about 30 min later will do same thing.

The same thing will happen if I download a podcast and listen through the music tab so I'm pretty sure it's the headset. I'm at the point where I just make sure before I workout that I dial my own number so I don't butt-call anyone!
Old 09-28-2010, 03:03 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
try flashing the stock sprint 6.1 rom.
i have tried that at one point, even relocking the phone. that day actually I was on my way to the sprint store and then the calling stopped, so i thought oh, maybe the phone might be ok again. i ended up re-unlocking it so i could at least have a messed up phone with a good rom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barfly View Post
I have this happen on mine too running MR SE. However, I KNOW my issue is related somehow when I use hardwire headphones. After about 30 minutes of use, the music (through Scilor's grooveshark app) will stop playing and last number dialed will start. I've soft reset and tried again and about 30 min later will do same thing.

The same thing will happen if I download a podcast and listen through the music tab so I'm pretty sure it's the headset. I'm at the point where I just make sure before I workout that I dial my own number so I don't butt-call anyone!
lucky at least you know what is causing it! i have to call my own number to make sure i'm not calling people at like 3-4am hah.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:50 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Could it be caused by an app you have installed?
I'd say if you flash the shipped 6.1 rom and don't install a bunch of apps on it and use it for a week and it still does this then you have a hardware problem.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:23 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Could it be caused by an app you have installed?
I'd say if you flash the shipped 6.1 rom and don't install a bunch of apps on it and use it for a week and it still does this then you have a hardware problem.
doubtful, hard reset and task 29'd a couple of times then flashed the 6.1 rom and used it for a bit more than a week. same problem occuring throughout that week. no apps were installed after the hard resets.

it may very well be a hardware problem, i just don't know how i can prove it to sprint at their store since i can't actually make it start calling on its own.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2