PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2010, 01:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

fcastro is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question HTC Messaging Versus Windows Built in Messaging

Hi everyone,

Ok I am running mightyrom full throttle on sprint on tp2. My HTC messaging is CRAWLING! So I went into WM messaging and deleted a bunch of SMS messages. When I went back into HTC messaging within sense, NONE of the SMS I had deleted had actually been deleted from HTC messaging.

Does that make any sense? Should HTC messaing and WM messaging be pulling the data from the same location??
Old 09-23-2010, 02:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

ctiger is becoming a great contributor
Re: HTC Messaging Versus Windows Built in Messaging

htc msg might cache all the msgs. try reset and see?
Old 09-23-2010, 02:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ctiger thanks for the reply. Do you have any idea how to do that? What amazes me is that HTC doesnt have a select all. It only lets u select messages via a check box next to each SMS.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff

this happens for me when using the 2015 version of the client. i used to use this so if i got an MMS i could still see it in WinMo messaging since it still keeps that portion in tact. the issue is, after deleting sms or receiving an mms you will soon get the screen 'Message Restoring' when you try to access HTC Messaging client. basically you won't be able to access the list of every1's convos or send a new message (since thats controlled by the client) unless you go through WinMo messaging, but you can still access the last 25 text messages and reply to those through the Sense Tab. I assume this is the HTC Messaging Client attempting to update and organize the text messages in relation with the WinMo client. I can attest that this screen may last after multiple soft resets and for more than 24 hours...this at least was my case multiple times and more than likely i ran a Clear Storage and reset up my phone to get this out of the way rather than wait.

For this reason i use the 2018 version from here. I have yet to run into that problem, the only issue is i have yet to test and see if MMS is working. The developers words were that stock GSM TP2 ROMS have the client incorporated, but no CDMA stock ROMs do so that should be something we think about before installing it. I guess that means they will try to get MMS working for CDMA but we shouldnt be too optimistic at this point.
Old 09-23-2010, 01:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

ctiger is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcastro View Post
ctiger thanks for the reply. Do you have any idea how to do that? What amazes me is that HTC doesnt have a select all. It only lets u select messages via a check box next to each SMS.
I mean do a soft reset by push the reset button under the back cover or if you installed any reset software and see if the msgs still stay in HTC msg interface. I will think MS's mail program is the ultimate controller.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:35 PM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP

Also, in Windows Messaging the deleted messages are not really deleted until you select "Empty Deleted Items" from the menu. Until you do that they will be hanging out in the device's trash bin.

To get rid of all messages you have to delete them from the inbox, then delete them from the Sent folder, then Empty Deleted Items. Then HTC messaging will be clear.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:45 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
this happens for me when using the 2015 version of the client. i used to use this so if i got an MMS i could still see it in WinMo messaging since it still keeps that portion in tact. the issue is, after deleting sms or receiving an mms you will soon get the screen 'Message Restoring' when you try to access HTC Messaging client. basically you won't be able to access the list of every1's convos or send a new message (since thats controlled by the client) unless you go through WinMo messaging, but you can still access the last 25 text messages and reply to those through the Sense Tab. I assume this is the HTC Messaging Client attempting to update and organize the text messages in relation with the WinMo client. I can attest that this screen may last after multiple soft resets and for more than 24 hours...this at least was my case multiple times and more than likely i ran a Clear Storage and reset up my phone to get this out of the way rather than wait.

For this reason i use the 2018 version from here. I have yet to run into that problem, the only issue is i have yet to test and see if MMS is working. The developers words were that stock GSM TP2 ROMS have the client incorporated, but no CDMA stock ROMs do so that should be something we think about before installing it. I guess that means they will try to get MMS working for CDMA but we shouldnt be too optimistic at this point.
Yeah MMS on CDMA is not looking good... I spent a LOT of time trying to make it happen, all to no avail. It all boils down to retrieving the message content from the carrier... No dice. If anyone does figure it out, I'll be MORE than happy to donate. Do a search, and there's a thread that like 60 pages long on ppl trying to figure out CDMA MMS.

Back in Jan/Feb, I had Verizon MMS working, but they've changed something on their server so it doesn't work anymore...
Old 09-24-2010, 02:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Musicman thank you so much for pointing this out. That WORKED! I can't believe that many steps are needed to delete the trash can.

Only way MMS works on sprint is the the Arcsoft installation. Thats the way its been on my touch pro and now my touch pro 2. Really sucks too because there is another SMS/MMS application over at xda that I tested, that is wickedly fast! It pc HTC's pathetically slow application to shame.

I have had 3 HTC devices and I can say that the company is a complete let down when it comes to the software it puts on these phones.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
htc messaing, htc sense 2.5, windows mobile messaging