PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2010, 07:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4 and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint(03/09-Now), T-Mobile(06/06-now)

pesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
3G speed drops since 4G is up in Boston area?

I live in Boston and for the past week or 2 i have noticed that my internet(3G with TP2) has become turtle slow. Finally i tested it and in the same place in the house i used to average 2.5 Mb/s i now barely get 0.5 Mb/s down. I have not done anything related to net-didnt change ROM's the last thing i've done was overclock to 787Mhz but that was about a month ago. Then few days ago i heard the great news - 4G was lit up in Boston area. Come to think of it it was lit up around the same time i noticed the drop in my 3G performance. Conspiracy brain fart: has Sprint lowered 3G speeds to show off how "fast" 4G is? Anyone else noticing this?

When you can tether for free?: D
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:49 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Re: 3G speed drops since 4G is up in Boston area?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesok View Post
I live in Boston and for the past week or 2 i have noticed that my internet(3G with TP2) has become turtle slow. Finally i tested it and in the same place in the house i used to average 2.5 Mb/s i now barely get 0.5 Mb/s down. I have not done anything related to net-didnt change ROM's the last thing i've done was overclock to 787Mhz but that was about a month ago. Then few days ago i heard the great news - 4G was lit up in Boston area. Come to think of it it was lit up around the same time i noticed the drop in my 3G performance. Conspiracy brain fart: has Sprint lowered 3G speeds to show off how "fast" 4G is? Anyone else noticing this?
Hope not... OR... to force us all off our nice older plans AND make us buy new phones & upgrade to expensive plans AND pay the extra $10 4G fee?!! Ha!

Hope not... i'm in Minneapolis area, they're rolling out now & Announcing in a month... I've heard people were getting faster 3G in the 4G area... but that may have been their phone (4G) & only they get fast 3G.. (or the perception of it faster as the processor is faster).

Wouldn't that suck..! I'm waiting to break the 300K line & end up getting screwed with 1/6th of that instead!?
Old 09-22-2010, 09:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: E4GT, Touch Pro 2, Evo, Blackberry 9330
Carrier: Sprint

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

No noticeable difference in my 3g speed, I'm in Houston
Old 09-23-2010, 12:12 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

I don't notice any slow down in the St. Louis area and I think we have 4G(whatever the hell that means lol) in our area.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:44 AM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I think I remember something similar happening when EVDO was being rolled out in the DC area (where I live) The week before we got evdo, speeds were pretty decent, once the upgrade hit non-evdo speeds dropped like a rock.

At the time I was at the very edge of the DC market so I was stuck with the non-evdo connection most of the time... the difference was unmistakeable!

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 09-23-2010, 02:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 / I930
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

hunterintustin is a n00b

I have been in Boston recently and i don't see much difference between what I experienced before and now. It could be that your phone settings need to be updated (update your data profile) and your problem should be fixed.

Sprint 3G and 4G speeds are pretty good as long you have the lasted updates.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2

joeadamo is just getting started

No change in Dallas.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Arrive

Aleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Ive been noticing more deadzones on my commute too. I think the new prl's are kicking the users off non-sprint towers.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2