PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2010, 05:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 7380
Carrier: sprint rated #1

beefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to beefcakeb0 Send a message via Yahoo to beefcakeb0
Keep original with oil slick, or take a refurb and hope for the best?

Ok, what would you do? Keep your original tp2? or take a refurb?

Do you think the store would replace with a new one?

Also what are the different model/versions I read about there being?
Old 09-22-2010, 06:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Intercept
Carrier: Sprint

L21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to L21Matt
Re: Keep original with oil slick, or take a refurb and hope for the best?

Does the original tp2 work?

A refurb usually is as good as a new one. My old motorazr was a manufacturer refurb and u couldnt even tell. It looked and worked like it should.

Old 09-22-2010, 07:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

beefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuff

It works...but has some other cosmetic defects showing through...the oil slick is a nag of sorts and just generally is annoying, considering I work under white lighting.

But I am hesitant to take a refurb as a replacement, for just cosmetic problems. But I do want a newish one without the oil slick problem.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:48 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; SPH-D700 Build/ECLAIR) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Eventually that oilslick is going to make the screen unresponsive and eventually seperate ffrom the digitizer. My gf lived with it awhile, but by the end you couldlift thed top layer of plastic with your thumbnail. But your right. Evry refurb has something quirky about it. I took the chance, ajnd it worked out well, but you never know. Just don't let assurion or sprint charge you a deductible. That shit is a know defect. I had them tedll me that its just htc build quality, and I went off. I told them a 500 dollar phone better not fall apart like that. I took the phone and peeled the screen off right there in front of the tech and the manager and said "should I be able to do tht?" They replaced it on the spot.
At leats if you get a refurb, it starts vyour 1 year warranty over.

Old 09-22-2010, 07:57 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

IMO Get it replaced.
Check it over when you get it to make sure it's right.
Good Luck Dude!
Old 09-22-2010, 08:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep

dude ever asurian replacement i have gotten for the tps on sprint has been brand new. last was last month. brand new in box.

Phone:
Sprint EVO 3D Rom:Kaos Hybrid 4.20 V8 Radio: 0.97 Storage Card: Micro 32GB SDHC

Old 09-22-2010, 08:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Well here is some more news. My gf had her TP replaced at the end of July, due to a burn from behind the screen.... Alas a refurb arrives but the next day she was involved in a wreck and had to take some pictures... The pics came out all rainbowed and tyedied..... I was not happy!

Come to a week or two ago, I wanted to get mine replaced while it was still under warranty due to the oil slick... and Alas another refurb but this time in tp2 flavor... This one has nick marks beside the battery slot, like slip up or maybe someting was sat on it...

Am I just being to nitpicky? I have another one on its way and if it is messed up I shall go to the store and complain, which is why I asked..."do you think the store will help me out with a new one?
Old 09-22-2010, 09:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

use a piece of packaging tape over the slick spot on the screen where it looks like oil.... you may have to do it a couple times but once on there lift up and than it should get rid of the problem... even makes nonresponsive screens works. give it a try i bet it will take it away.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

starwarz is a n00b

I have been hesitating to have my phone replaced because of the "Oil Slick" screen just because I have the phone through work and I would have to go through my IT dept to get it fixed. I just tried the Packing Tape fix and I would say that it was 98% effective. Now I just need to see if I can use a screen protector on the phone again.

Thanks for that tip!=D>
Old 09-22-2010, 11:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Im not going to be too keen on applying tape to my screen for whatever reason there may be......

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2