PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2010, 04:11 AM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus
Carrier: Sprint

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to strra
Screen not turning on after sleep (but not SOD)

suddenly yesterday, our TP2 started refusing to turn on after being put into sleep. this isn't the SOD, though, because the phone acts like the screen is on (i can make calls and turn the volume up and down) but nothing is displayed.
i know the button works because i am able to power the phone on with it and turn the screen off with it.
i first tried a hard reset... didn't fix it...
then i tried flashing a new rom... didn't fix it...
lastly, i flashed back to stock (6.1)... and it still didn't fix it
sounds like i'm looking at some sort of hardware problem here, doesn't it?
any ideas?
Old 09-21-2010, 12:10 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Screen not turning on after sleep (but not SOD)

wow my phone has been doing this for about 3 weeks! i think its a hardware issue too. ive done lots of hard resets and reflashed stock 6.5 rom twice. that doesnt do a thing... the first time i let it go to sleep, the screen will not turn back on and i have to soft reset. just like you, i am able to use the phone but the screen is not on... i now have my phone set so the screen never turns off ive never had an issue like this and ive had a 6700, 6800, tp1, now tp2.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

ctiger is becoming a great contributor

So if you reset by the reset button, the screen will be on, but then if it goes to sleep and turn off the screen, it will not turn back on? That's really interesting. I'll say it's more like a software problem. Because for hardware issue, the screen should be consistently off. I have my old diamond dropped to ground and the screen went off just like what strra said, but it won't come back no matter what, not reset. That's a hardware problem, and I opened the phone and plug the connector back, and the screen came back on.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

snooprob40 is just getting started

Same issue....
Old 09-21-2010, 06:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

syntheticexctasy is just getting started

same issue....running energy 9-8
Old 09-21-2010, 06:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

ctiger is becoming a great contributor

Wow, so many failed units.
Well, on possibility is that the detection of screen on/off isn't working, so the hardware is telling the software the screen is on when it's not, and the software won't try again to turn it on since it thinks the screen is already on. Just my guess. You might want to open the phone and unplug/replug the connector for the screen.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:27 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Weird!
Sounds like a hardware problem to me. I have noticed sometimes on mine that when I press the power button to take it out of sleep it will turn on for a moment then turn off immediately but when I press the power button again it will come back on immediately. I just figure it's a glitch or something.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:10 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

wow i thought i was the only one with this issue! well i just got off the phone with sprint for the 10th+ time and they are finally sending a replacement.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:23 AM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus
Threadstarter

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

wow is this a recent thing for all of you with the same issue?
and to update the list of things i've tried, flashing a new radio does nothing too (i'm getting desperate)
Old 09-22-2010, 12:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

neodarksaver is just getting started

it happens to me sometimes when there is no or weak signal. i just have to go to a strong signal place and everything would be fine.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2