PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2010, 04:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

silver523 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Please help...may have bricked my phone

so i had decided yesterday to flash a new rom. After using task29 (the one with a splash screen) and entering bootloader i had fallen asleep. When i woke up this morning my phone was completely dead. I tried hard resetting to enter bootloader but nothing. My laptop wont recognize my TP2 so I cannot activesync as well. The only thing my phone does is light up red when I put it on the charger (either wall or usb). I do remember my phone had entered bootloader (the tri colored screen) with the USB message before falling asleep so i dont think I did something wrong at that time. I also have flashed many times before so its not like my phone was locked or anything. Is there any other method to enter bootloader if hard resetting does not work. I have heard you can enter bootloader thru the sdcard but im not sure if that will even work since my phone does not hard reset. I have kept my phone currently on the charger but still nothing as well. I am guessing my battery may have drained overnight so im waiting on my friend to see if his TP2 battery may help. Any other ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-19-2010, 04:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

sjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Please help...may have bricked my phone

I think that what you should do, is download the ROM you want, open the archive probably using 7zip, then find the "RUU_SIGNED" in it, then move it to the root of the SD Card, then once you get it on there, rename the file to "RHODIMG". Then once you get your friends battery put it in and then hold the volume down key, and then press the power key and if it's done right you'll get a bootloader screen then you can flash from there. It just sounds like your battery is dead and can't charge a different battery should fix it.
Old 09-19-2010, 04:51 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs01 View Post
I think that what you should do, is download the ROM you want, open the archive probably using 7zip, then find the "RUU_SIGNED" in it, then move it to the root of the SD Card, then once you get it on there, rename the file to "RHODIMG". Then once you get your friends battery put it in and then hold the volume down key, and then press the power key and if it's done right you'll get a bootloader screen then you can flash from there. It just sounds like your battery is dead and can't charge a different battery should fix it.
rename it to RHODIMG.nbh just so op's clear.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-19-2010, 05:07 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

if you need any help op and i miss your question here you can pm me anytime cause i sdcard flash all the time but your not bricked so thats a plus.
Old 09-26-2010, 11:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

This is serious, but also kinda funny as it happened to me also..
I fell asleep while flashing!

It seems the TP2 does not like to be connected for so long after a task29 flash.

The battery is not the issue as both my batteries were fully charged and it still charges when plugged in.
Just swapping batteries didn't work either, and I had battery left out for almost a minute while changing..

The solution for me was to disconnect the device from laptop, AND take out battery...

FOR A WHILE (more than just a few minutes) LEAVE UNIT alone WITHOUT BATTERY!!

I can't tell you just how long, because it was nightime, and I fell asleep again! lol.

Anyway after I put battery back in, it came alive as it was rebooting, I just pressed buttons to put in bootloader..
And flashed from memcard..

EDIT:
It's a good idea to always have a good custom rom (named "RHODIMG.nbh") in root directory of your memcard in case U need to flash back to a safe rom.

Last edited by Maxx134; 09-26-2010 at 12:23 PM.
Old 09-26-2010, 12:03 PM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
This is serious, but also kinda funny as it happened to me also..
I fell asleep while flashing!

It seems the TP2 does not like to be connected for so long after a task29 flash.

The battery is not the issue as both my batteries were fully charged and it still charges when plugged in.

The solution for me was to disconnect the device from laptop, AND take out battery...

FOR A WHILE (more than just a few minutes) LEAVE UNIT alone WITHOUT BATTERY!!

I can't tell you just how long, because it was nightime, and I fell asleep again! lol.

Anyway after I put battery back in, it came alive as it was rebooting, I just pressed buttons to put in bootloader..
And flashed from memcard..

EDIT:
It's a good idea to always have a good custom rom (named "RHODIMG.nbh") in root directory of your memcard in case U need to flash back to a safe rom.
seems you both need to nap before flashing. lol
Old 09-26-2010, 12:52 PM
VIP Member

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
seems you both need to nap before flashing. lol
Haha, yea the best time for me to do my thing without anybody "women" (sisters too) bothering my life, is at night, with my lucky shirt on ha ..
I wasn't wearing it when my phone froze.

Last edited by Maxx134; 09-26-2010 at 12:55 PM.
Old 09-26-2010, 02:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: USCC

Oditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
EDIT:
This may not be a good idea if you forget it's there and try to load a custom ROM. Been there, done that. But I do have a folder called Stock, and in that folder is my stock "RHODIMG.nbh" file. So I can boot to the stock rom anytime I want.

Old 09-26-2010, 11:59 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oditius View Post
This may not be a good idea if you forget it's there and try to load a custom ROM. Been there, done that. But I do have a folder called Stock, and in that folder is my stock "RHODIMG.nbh" file. So I can boot to the stock rom anytime I want.
Correct, gave you thanx for pointing that out.
I have similar folder with roms to test and switch to without need of laptop.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2