PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2010, 11:30 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Cresco299 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Totally of Forum Topic - Modding my Life

First, in spite of all the fandroid threads pooing on my TP2 I'm still digging everything that can be done with this phone. This is the greatest community of devs and knowledgeable users I've found.

So with that said, I've really enjoyed essentially Modding my life (hacks, tweaks, homebrew etc). All that I own is tweaked in some way. The PC, phone, GPS, MP3 player, Xbox, Wii and outdated laptops. So now I'm in the market for a new TV, and I can't help but wonder what if anything can be done with the current generation of TV's. On a quick glance I noticed that Samsung has TV's where all sorts of apps can be loaded on it, which sounds like an open door for the developing community to gain entry and make it perform as only this type of community could envision.

Does anyone know if this type of modding is occurring in TV's these days? Or should I stick with a basic TV and focus my customizations to an attached Nettop (for installation of XBMC/Boxee etc...)
Old 09-17-2010, 11:44 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vinterceptâ„¢
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday
Re: Totally of Forum Topic - Modding my Life

I have a simple HTPC set up. Would be nice to see new pc apps that do the same as the new Samsung TV's (although xbox and WMC have some apps). Right now I just use Windows Media Center...
You could look into 3D DLP's, sounds interesting to me

BTW just bought a Vizio 55in 240hz LED 1080p HDTV for $1000 because their new model comes with apps and a bluetooth remote. The new one costs $3000, not worth it to me seeing I already have a pc set up.

Last edited by one80oneday; 09-17-2010 at 11:49 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Cresco299 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by one80oneday View Post
I have a simple HTPC set up. Would be nice to see new pc apps that do the same as the new Samsung TV's (although xbox and WMC have some apps). Right now I just use Windows Media Center...
You could look into 3D DLP's, sounds interesting to me

BTW just bought a Vizio 55in 240hz LED 1080p HDTV for $1000 because their new model comes with apps and a bluetooth remote. The new one costs $3000, not worth it to me seeing I already have a pc set up.

Hmmmm...I think I'll have to pass on the 3D DLP's, unless your buying? They look awesome but I'm sure I would have to take insurance out on it as the kids would find some way to prematurely end it's life. I'll check out the Vizio with apps - thanks!
Old 09-17-2010, 02:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vinterceptâ„¢
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday

Not sure how big you wanna go but I've seen 73in 3D DLP's for around $1200. Here is a Vizio:
37" VIZIO XVT373SV RazorLED 1080p HDTV with Internet Apps - Slickdeals.net

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2