PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2010, 12:39 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Any one else having this issue ????

I use MightyROM latest. Using SMS-Chat.
So for the issue.. every so often(more times then others) my sms messaging just completely stops. i dont do anything, ie. registry tweaks, or change the configuration. it just stops. In sms chat i can type the message but it never sends. it just keeps the icon yellow. i used the default microsoft messaging app and i get the same thing. message just never sends, it doesnt show a notification that it hasnt sent either. it just never sends. i found the tmail.exe process and killed it then restarted it.. it "unfroze" the sending issue for a little. but still happend. i usually just soft reset it when this happens. its quite a pain for it happens at least 3 times a day. im not sure if this is my phone being qwirky.. or if its common(if so, what a drag) im thinking about reverting to original stock rom and re-locking to take back to sprint.. but i wasnt sure if this was a common bug. btw, it also hangs in the stock rom as well. just to let you know. your posts and thoughts are greatly appreciated! thanks to all. let me just add, i dont reicieve any texts at all either. quite annoying, ill sit there waiting for my girlfriend to reply.. and i never get anyones text and im like wow everyones ignoring me, then i see none of my texts sent. while in 3g service. so i soft reset and 76545 million texts come at once. just forgot to say i dont get any texts either. thanks again!

Last edited by elesbb; 09-16-2010 at 12:50 PM. Reason: forgot to add a part
Old 09-16-2010, 02:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

geekocd is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Any one else having this issue ????

I have the exact same issue, using mightyrom and SMS-chat (though it seems to happen w/ the stock messenger too). Don't think it ever happened to me using the stock rom, but it's hard to remember, that was a while ago. It's probably been my only major issue & has happened to me numerous times...one thing that seems to have helped is clearing out my text messages. I go into myphone and archive basically all my messages when I notice that my SMS is loading slowly or beginning to have issues. Good luck. If you find another solution, I'd love to hear it.
Old 09-16-2010, 02:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: E4GT, Touch Pro 2, Evo, Blackberry 9330

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

This happened to me once but it was because I had thousands of SMSs in my inbox. Cleared them all and that seemed to fix the issue.

Usually a good rule of thumb is to keep no more than I would say 250 texts at once.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:07 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

It's probably another 6.5 bug. I say flash back to a 6.1 rom.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:22 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

that is very weird.i havent had that problem on any rom whether 6.5 or 6.1, i had something close but it was because my rom (storage memory was full).the only annoying thing i get when texting is a message was not sent error which occurs when u send a text at the same time one is coming through. as for this problem it could be because you are using 3 different text programs, maybe try uninstalling sms chat and also check if your storage memory is full.
Old 09-18-2010, 03:10 PM
Threadstarter

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Well, i also get that annoying problem when sending one right at you get one, had that problem regardless what phone/carrier i was on. Maybe someone can tweak the registry to fix that? and no its not a memory promblem. it happens right after flashing a rom, so my memory is completely clean, and its not the SMS chat program. for i went a day with out it installed and still experienced the issue, can anyone point me to decent 6.1 roms? i have a feeling this issue is just a WM thing :/
Old 09-19-2010, 05:56 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

stock 6.1 and here's the one I'm using that one is based off stock but better as it has more free ram.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:37 AM
Threadstarter

Alright, i tried all ROMS, still got the same problem, im pretty certain its my phone.. i dont know what else it could be, so im reverting back to stock 6.5 rom, taking back to sprint, and going from there, wish me luck. lol
Old 09-23-2010, 12:37 PM
fry
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

fry is a n00b

Is there any way 2 fix this issue?...same thing on my side also
Old 09-23-2010, 03:43 PM
No charge for Awesomeness

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP

Do you have any email accounts set to automatically check at certain intervals? If so, then WM is probably putting them in a higher priority, which would cause tmail.exe (which is used for text, email and mms) to "freeze" until its current process completes.

This happens often to me as well when I am surfing the web. I just happen to be on right when tmail is checking for new email and it seems like the browser is unresponsive, when actually it is just waiting for the radio to become available again.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2