PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2010, 11:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

nyCecilia is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TP2 to record lectures?

Hi all,

I just started taking a music class, and the teacher recommends recording the class for later review. For sure my TP2 should be able to do this?

Can anyone tell me what I need? Do I need to install a recording software, and if so, which one?

Do I need an external microphone, and again, what type / which one?

I also have an older iPod Touch (gen 2?) that I might be able to do this with, but I have the exact same questions for that.

Does anyone use their TP2 this way, and how do you handle it?

TIA!
Old 09-15-2010, 11:59 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: TP2 to record lectures?

well if your stock, just turn on audio recorder-its already in your phone
Old 09-15-2010, 12:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I couldn't find "Audio Recorder" but I did find "Voice Recorder"--are they the same? Is there an advantage to Audio Recorder, if I can ever find it?

Also, in order to record a lecture, do I need an external mic? The built in mic seems to work pretty well, just not sure, since it is a music class (although I don't need cd quality, it should have some quality to it).

Oh, and I can't seem to figure out where it gets recorded to...is there a default place, and if so, where? can the default be changed?

TIA!

Last edited by nyCecilia; 09-15-2010 at 12:40 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 01:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

kporter1500 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyCecilia View Post
Hi all,

I just started taking a music class, and the teacher recommends recording the class for later review. For sure my TP2 should be able to do this?

Can anyone tell me what I need? Do I need to install a recording software, and if so, which one?

Do I need an external microphone, and again, what type / which one?

I also have an older iPod Touch (gen 2?) that I might be able to do this with, but I have the exact same questions for that.

Does anyone use their TP2 this way, and how do you handle it?

TIA!
I wanted to use mine too for my econ class...I would like to know how long does it record...I dont want it to cut off during a lecture. My class is 2hrs and 20mins...can anybody help with this one??? I bought a flash drive with a voice recorder built in, but i dont want to use it because it's so small, anyone can just pick it up and go..
Old 09-15-2010, 01:40 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I use mine in my Human Physiology class all the time.
The longest I've gone is an hour and a half. But I'm sure it can go longer. I have about 20 lectures in my memory card and still going. I guess a 16 gb card helps.

I use standard setup. No special mic. Stock ROM.

Good luck in school guys. And of course you too kporter.
p.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTECA View Post
I use mine in my Human Physiology class all the time.
The longest I've gone is an hour and a half. But I'm sure it can go longer. I have about 20 lectures in my memory card and still going. I guess a 16 gb card helps.

I use standard setup. No special mic. Stock ROM.

Good luck in school guys. And of course you too kporter.
p.
Very cool. My lectures are 50 min, so that will be great.

BUT, how to I change the default location so that it saves the lectures to the card instead of internal memory? I don't see any place to configure that.

Also, since mine is a music class, I found an external mic to try: Amazon.com: Samson Go Mic Compact USB Microphone - Plug n' Play: Musical Instruments

I will probably try without the external mic first, but it might be worthwhile, I could see later using this mic with my pc to have some karaoke
Old 09-15-2010, 03:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

In case my main question got hidden in that post....

In Voice Recorder, how do you change the location of where it saves recordings?

Thank you!
Old 09-15-2010, 03:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

PS. A google search told someone to go to Tools--> Options from within Voice Recorder.

THERE IS NO tools-->options menu option in voice recorder.

Alternately, if the aformentioned Audio Recorder is supposed to be in here somewhere, I would try that, but there is no alphabetic or other logical order to finding anything in WinMobile.

Old 09-15-2010, 03:49 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyCecilia
PS. A google search told someone to go to Tools--> Options from within Voice Recorder.

THERE IS NO tools-->options menu option in voice recorder.

Alternately, if the aformentioned Audio Recorder is supposed to be in here somewhere, I would try that, but there is no alphabetic or other logical order to finding anything in WinMobile.

I think he meant to say Voice Recorder and said Audio by mistake.
You could probably move the file or folder where Voice Recorder saves your recording afterward using sktools or with file explorer for that matter to your card so you don't run out of memory.
Old 09-15-2010, 03:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post

You could probably move the file or folder where Voice Recorder saves your recording afterward using sktools or with file explorer for that matter to your card so you don't run out of memory.
Thanks. I am yet again flabbergasted how something that should be so simple, changing a file location, is so ridiculously difficult/impossible.

Google search brings up various methods for changing default file locations, but NONE appear to be avialable. Why there is no Tools-->Options menu in the recorder so that I can choose where to save the file really leaves me amazed.

My only other choice is to try recording a lecture and probably lose it because there isn't enough space? When I know for a fact there's several gigs of space on my card...

Sorry, every time I try to work with this gadget I get more and more frustrated. When it works, it's great, but when it doesn't--watch out

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2