PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2010, 06:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Currently Looking For Replacement
Carrier: USCC

MysticThunder is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to MysticThunder
Unhappy Super Challenge for any TP2 masters

Okay; so, about a month or two ago i posted a thread asking for help recovering my phone from a rogue "lock" screen.
I've had really crappy phones since this bizarre attack from my tp2, and am now losing my patience and would like to return to my best working phone- regardless of what information i have to lose.

Now, heres the challenge;
everyone i talked to at USCC said i was screwed- they tried every reset code they had. Nothing worked- it always rebooted to the same "lock" screen. Im ready to do whatever it takes to kill this horrible lock screen-

is there a way to erase everything- i mean EVERYTHING- on the phone and start over, without being able to get into the UI?

Would flashing the rom or some such thing help with this?
Old 09-14-2010, 07:02 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Super Challenge for any TP2 masters

How to hard reset a Touch Pro 2 without going to the UI

HTC Touch Pro 2 Rhodium Hard reset - HTC Touch Pro 2 Rhodium Soft reset

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

nayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; Opera Mini/5.1.21594/20.2463; U; en) Presto/2.5.25)

try task 29, then flash
Old 09-14-2010, 08:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

Hold on the vol down button when turning the phone on or resetting it to get to the bootloader screen. From there, you should be able to flash a new rom which should do the trick.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Currently Looking For Replacement
Carrier: USCC
Threadstarter

MysticThunder is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to MysticThunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
How to hard reset a Touch Pro 2 without going to the UI

HTC Touch Pro 2 Rhodium Hard reset - HTC Touch Pro 2 Rhodium Soft reset
Awesome! the hard reset worked! I wonder why USCC didnt just do that while i was there and asked them to?

Anyway; good/lame news is I filed an insurance claim [finally; and just now logged in to find the answer i needed to prevent the claim] and ill have a brand new TP2 on Wednesday.

Anyone know anything about how good the Project Android works for Rhodium? :P
Old 09-15-2010, 01:15 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Sounds like those guys at USCC really know their stuff!
Old 09-15-2010, 01:21 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

HTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Project Android is very fun to play around with, and usable daily (if you stay near a charger). The only thing keeping me from using it all the time is how fast my phone dies. Once the devs figure out why it's outputting power to the usb and figure out power management, I'll use android all the time.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:54 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticThunder View Post

Anyway; good/lame news is I filed an insurance claim [finally; and just now logged in to find the answer i needed to prevent the claim] and ill have a brand new TP2 on Wednesday.
id be careful, and since its wednesday now, you cant cancel your order.. but your about to send a device back after an insurance claim, with absolutely nothing wrong with it... your gonna tell them it wouldnt unlock and the second they turn it on, theyre gonna see its not locked anymore.. asurion hands out bills upto 300 or 500 i belive for devices that are returned and deemed to have no issues..

just sayin
Old 09-15-2010, 11:13 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
id be careful, and since its wednesday now, you cant cancel your order.. but your about to send a device back after an insurance claim, with absolutely nothing wrong with it... your gonna tell them it wouldnt unlock and the second they turn it on, theyre gonna see its not locked anymore.. asurion hands out bills upto 300 or 500 i belive for devices that are returned and deemed to have no issues..

just sayin
I sent in a fully working 6700 before and never had to pay more than the deductible...
Old 09-15-2010, 05:18 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

wow I'd try calling them and explain that I got it working and that there's nothing wrong with it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2